International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

I've been bowled out for 58 off only 23 overs, I failed badly lol, now I'm gonna have to bowl pretty well if I want stand a chance of winning this game

Third ball of south africa's innings and petersons gone for a duck.
Amla just hit a six in the second over, they're are only 58 but still

Last edited:
Wealey mate, I have absolutely loved your updates, I have been switching between my games and finding out your woes

Cheers mate pleasing to here! Makes playing more fun blogging it at the same time!... im playing myself agaisnt Essex so wnt have much time to play!

After the humiliating defeat thought in 1st test with India 145-3 in second test im hoping for a South African fight!

Tea in my England v Bangladesh Test Match on Hard. I'm using the Broadcast cam for both batting and fielding, I don't know why but it just doesn't feel right to me, maybe it'll grow on me but for now i'm playing the game the old fashioned way.

Bangladesh 152 all out (45.4 overs)

Ashraful 65(133)
Al Hasan 32(65)

Anderson 4/43(15.4)
Swann 3/11

Bangladesh were quite well placed on 109/4 but the quick succesive losses of Ashraful and Shakib proved costly. Anderson swung the ball beautifully and Swann found some sharp turn on the First day. Slightly concerned in the way they collapsed but with it being Bangladesh maybe this game is more realistic than people realise....

England 46/0 (14 overs)

Strauss 31*(43)
Cook 14*(42)

Mortaze 6/0/30/0
Rasel 7/1/14/0
Shakib 1/0/2/0

Runs are very hard to come by, until you get settled in, and even then you still have to be very careful with your timing and placement or you will start losing wickets. Strauss has found the bowling more to his liking and his stats show this, his strike rate being 72.09 and Cook's being 33.33, and there is only one ball difference between them. Unless the Bangladeshi bowlers produce some magic it will be tough for them to get a result

Were you playing with HUD off?

Nope. Which makes it all the more embarrassing.

Just starting a Test match Australia vs England at the MCG. I've created Steven Finn, Craig Kieswetter and Michael Yardy for England, with Finn playing ahead of Onions in this Test. Nice to see that you can finally move created players into the Squads on the console versions, was one of the more frustrating missing features on the last one. Hopefully I'll bat a bit better in the Test match. I'm not needing over 10 an over, so it should be a tad easier.

Wow in session 2 I could really see the differences in weather, everything just looks more realistic.

darthlewis1 added 5 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

graham smith's gone south africa are now 35-3

Not exactly started brilliantly. 4/1 off 3 overs, with Cook gone for 1 off Bollinger. Pretty crap shot, just smacked it back at him, completely mis-timed.

On hard vs India
Bowled India all out for 276 at the stat of tea on day 1
Sehwag not out and got 122 (176)
Him and Tendulkar has an amazing partnership
Then Anderson with reverse swing broke he partnership
Then it was him and Swann getting the other
Swann getting 5 wicket haul and a hat-trick with last 3 batters :)

:eek::eek::clap:clap Good on you my friend! And straight away you succeeded!:)

Hey! What about how I replied to him? Usually I would have called the guy a flingin' ████, but I showed remarkable poise. Credit where it's due, lad :)

"Me and sami,
Sittin' in a tree
Never gettin' news statistically..."

Yes, this has been a great thread so far. Very informative.

I'm still interested in any on-screen stats that come up. For example, when Steyn goes back to his runup mark, do we see his in-game bowling stats? (e.g. 5-1-23-0)

I'm pretty sure the answer is no

Holy crap! An answer! Thanks Brook for at least mentioning something.

I don't remember seeing it, but at the same time I normally skip that part.

Just had a weird moment. Bowled a ball at KP, he edged it onto his pad then he tripped over his bat. Fine, that happens fairly often. But then his confidence went up and Johnson's went down...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread