Kevin Pietersen - New England Captain (Vaughan and Collingwood resign)

Why has every wrod got a capital letter?

Also KP as captain will never work

Because I Wanted Every Word To Have A Capital :rolleyes: Im On A Forum Not In A English Exam

Anyway I Think KP Will Do Fine But Like All Captains They Need Players Under Them To Perform Otherwise No Matter How Good They Are Results Wont Happen

Firstly, I salute Vaughan, he was a great captain, and I hope he recovers his form, and while it was sad, while typing my article about his captaincy(hinty hint:P), made me realise the great times England had enjoyed under him, especially the Ashes, so good memories. I wasn't one of those who agreed with calls of dropping him before the announcement, as I still think he was a great captain, and while he wasn't scoring runs his captaincy was crucial still. However, I do think he made the right call, if he thought it was right, and his recent form, if he was Collingwood or another player, would have been dropped.

Secondly, while I feel Shah could make a good captain, I feel there aren't really any natural born leaders in the team, like Vaughan, and not many ones that warrant a certain ODI and Test place. Strauss wouldn't be bad but isn't up to ODI's, Cook wouldn't be bad too, and would be young like Graeme Smith did. KP, I expect will get it, he could be a brilliant leader, as he is very confident, but could also be a failure, as he did cause disharmony at Notts, and a popular player as seen in Flintoff, isn't always the best choice. However, like Smith he could thrive, as shown on Saturday, under captaincy, unlike Vaughan where it was a burden, who knows?

My pick:
Joyce/Strauss/Carberry
Cook*
Shah
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Ambrose(wk) (if not him Davies)
Anderson
Harmison
Jones/Panesar (depending on type of wicket)

Who they probably will pick:
Strauss
Cook
Shah
Bell
Pietersen*
Collingwood
Flintoff
Ambrose(wk)
Anderson
Harmison
Panesar

Its Not In All Capital Letters, Only The 1st Letter, And I Doubt Its Offending Anyone, You On The Other Hand Are Taking Away From My Pleasure Of This Website, Moaning At Me About Something So Trivial

I Enjoy This Website And Reading Peoples Comments I Dont Often Post Because On The Internet People Can Be Very Picky And Not Respect Peoples Opinions, On Here I Feel Different And Want To Contribute

If It Really Offends You Tho I Wont Post Like I Have Been

If It Really Offends You Tho I Wont Post Like I Have Been

It offends me. It's very difficult to read. In future i'll see it and won't even bother reading what you wrote so really posting like that is a waste of time. It also makes you look stupid because in-proper use of capital letters is a primary error. Whether on the internet or not.

On the candidates. Strauss would be the best choice obviously as he's done it before with success and his on field positions and rotations impressed me. Plus he seems like the thinking type.

Pietersen is obviously another good choice. It may affect his play a tad, but he did ok in his last few goes at captaining. If he got the job, he'd be there for ODIs and Tests so is good for that reason. Probably more a leader by example than a tactical leader.

Cook would be probably only for tests, but it would be a bit like Fleming and Smith becoming captains young. If they make him captain they'd probably look for it to be very long term like the 2 mentioned.

Flintoff is a horrible choice. His batting and bowling is enough for him to worry about. He was poor when he last had it also and of course injuries are a factor.

Last edited:
Going into the Oval without a mainline spinner Brady, are you mad?!?
It's always one of those changes that nags in the back of your mind, but going by the stats, it could be a very worthwhile gamble to bring in someone like Harmison, at least, assuming he's on song. Monty hasn't played much at the Oval and when he has, it hasn't been good. Small samples are unreliable, but inexperience in itself is a factor. Harmison on the other hand could well be one of the better bowlers to select, with above average figures on what is otherwise considered a batsman's paradise.

According to the BBC, it's pretty much guaranteed to be KP. I'd personally give Strauss a go, but I'm pretty conservative in my views. It will be announced at 1300BST - time to watch Sky Sports News then!

Link here

No bloody way. He lacks bottle as it is.

Some Nottinghamshire all-rounder. I may be horrendously under-rating him but he hasn't impressed me from what I've seen.

I'm disappointed that Sidebottom is still in the squad when he clearly isn't fit.

Samit Patel has been a consistent performer for Notts for about 3 years now. He more than deserves his chance.

I am glad so at last KP will lead England on 4th Test and I am really worried for him.Hope He will change the things for England.I am feeling Sad about Vaughn,He has been nice Character just time has ditched him.
Samit Patel well,Not a bad Pick.

Users who are viewing this thread