Kevin Pietersen - New England Captain (Vaughan and Collingwood resign)

Brady

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gotta give it to KP!

There would be way too much pressure on Freddie if he got the job!

Cook, IMO wouldn't be a good captain, i'm not sure he would motivate my granny never mind the england national team!

KP for the reason that he's a born winner who loves the challenge of cricket and everything that comes with it!

Plus, he's South afrcian and if he's anything like Smith is, we will be ok!!!!

Now all we need is a team that can actually play cricket!

Edit: I feel that Panesar, Bell and Ambrose should be dropped!

Shah, Prior and Jones coming in to teh squad!

O how much english cricket is in a mess!

Last edited:

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Whilst i think my squad is better, Matt (Everton) picks a dam good squad too. Lets hope the selectors are watching. :p

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I thought Vaughan would take a break but I didn't expect him to resign. It's the right decisiom for him to play for Yorkshire. He was a brilliant captain but at leats he can now focus on his batting.

titans

Club Cricketer
i think vaughn left because of their 2 losses against south africa in the test series, that might be one of the reason

I think Kevin should get the job anyways

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Going into the Oval without a mainline spinner Brady, are you mad?!?

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
i think vaughn left because of their 2 losses against south africa in the test series, that might be one of the reason

I think Kevin should get the job anyways

SLOW!!

Well he wouldn'y reitre if he had a 2-0 win over the saffas would he?

He actually first started contemplating quitting when were playing the Zealenders...

Jit

International Cricketer
i hope they dont give to kp cuz it can affect his batting and that would suck for england plus i think flintoff should get it

titans

Club Cricketer
SLOW!!

Well he wouldn'y reitre if he had a 2-0 win over the saffas would he?

He actually first started contemplating quitting when were playing the Zealenders...

my main point is he thought about retiring because he started losing!!!!!!! :mad:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
my main point is he thought about retiring because he started losing!!!!!!! :mad:
He retired because the captaincy was eating away at him as a man and was making him woefully out of form as a cricketer, and the spark had gone.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors

UMMMM.... No he didn't!

Please quote to me where he said he wanted to retire?

He resigned because he didn't feel he as giving it what he needed and wasn't enjoying it and its something you should enjoy.

Vaughan added: "I've put my heart and soul into the job but my head is telling me to pack it in."

Flaherty21

School Cricketer
Me Personally Would Give It To KP, The Type Of Person He Is The Captaincy Would Be A Good Fit For Him As It Would Boost His Ego, Ego In A Good Way Tho I Think He Thrives On Pressure Sitautions And Being Able To Come Through Them On Top, However Needs A Couple Of Series To Get Into It As Vaughan Said Today He Struggled At 1st

With Vaughan Not Playing In The 4th Test Then Shah Has To Be Brought In, He Has Been Took All Over The World With England And Never Put A Foot Wrong When Called Upon

My Team For The Next Test

Cook
Strauss
KP
Bell
Shah
Collingwood
Freddie
Ambrose
Broad
Harmison
Panesar

Collingwood Dropped For A Bowler (Jones/Anderson) Is A Option I Think But He Has Just Hit A 100 So Deserves His Spot He Might Have Turned The Corner Now

Users who are viewing this thread