New Zealand in Bangladesh, October 2010/11

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hamish Marshall wasn't really that bad in his time at the top level, and it's too early to tell with Williamson. Watling has shown some signs that he could be good, but has mostly failed, and Flynn isn't that great, I agree.

Yeah i'm suprised they didn't stick with Hamish Marshall I still remember his century versus the aussies and then against the Sri lankans. He's was a hell of a lot better than James thats for sure, yet James was th one that hung around

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, Vettori and Elliot have had three lives between them...
Could easily be seven/eight down now.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Yeah against Zaheer Khan reverse swinging I dont think
so. If he ripped up the aussies I can only imagine what he would do to us.

Then again beating the aussies isn't what it use to be. Ofcourse if you take Zaheer out Indian bowlers lack substance. All to do with confidence and form which NZ lack.

ferg512

International Coach
Then again beating the aussies isn't what it use to be.

Maybe so but the likes of Clarke, Katich etc. are good players and failed. We also can't handle spin bowling so I don't know how we are going to handle Ojha and Harbhajan.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
There's not really much difference between Bangladesh's attack and Indian's attack without H. Singh and Z. Khan, who I assume will both be rested against us.
It's the batting that's the real difference, BNG rely heavily on their openers and Shakib, while Indian have a lot more depth in their middle order with Dhoni down at 5/6/7.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I was listening on the radio today, and some ex-NZ player said almost all the ND players have massive flaws in their techniques.
I wasn't really paying any attention, and by the time I started listening they had changed the point.
Not sure if anyone else heard that, but it kind of makes sense, Marshall and Flynn both struggled at the INT level, and now Watling, plus Williamson if you take out his 100.
Vettori has his own technique, plus he never really plays for them, so I wouldn't really count him.

It wasn't John Ward by any chance? If he's having pot shots at ND like that I'm guessing it was. Would take anything he said with a grain of salt.

relentless_rock

Club Cricketer
If this slump against Ban leads to a very cautious approach against Indian bowling, I am afraid the test series would become completely one sided. However, Indian bowling can be made to look very mediocre if opp team is slightly more aggressive. NZL team should watch recently concluded Ind/SL series.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
It wasn't John Ward by any chance? If he's having pot shots at ND like that I'm guessing it was. Would take anything he said with a grain of salt.

Don't think so, I've never even heard of John Ward before. :p
I think it was an averagely well know ex-NZ player.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Don't think so, I've never even heard of John Ward before. :p
I think it was an averagely well know ex-NZ player.

Well he is an ex New Zealand player, highly doubt many people would know him however as he last played in the 70's. It just sounds like him that's all.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Vettori and Elliott have done quite well rebuilding so far. It actually looks like we could make it now

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Vettori out.

Rubel getting some reverse.

Bangla looked pumped.

ZoraxDoom added 8 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Siddiqui drops another. N. McCullum survives. But this was a lot harder than the first one.

ferg512

International Coach
Irrelevant of us winning or not that collapse was simply atrocious. If I was Nathan McCullum i'd have my mouth shut almost about to get trounced 4-0 by Bangladesh.

ferg512 added 3 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Haha McCullum deserved that what an idiot and what an idiot shot in the current circumstances. You really should get dropped for that.

ferg512

International Coach
If the selectors had some balls they'd drop Elliott and N.McCullum for those shots. I cant imagine how bad Bennett must be at batting if hes behind McKay.

Users who are viewing this thread