New Zealand in Bangladesh, October 2010/11

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The thing is we're the sort of side that has weeks like this then randomly bounce back and would win a game or two in India :/

Very well-played Bangladesh, outplayed us in every area apart from the fielding, and even there they were mighty close. They deserved the series win.

It's test cricket isn't it???

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
A South Eastern country got white washed once again.

So, is it 2-0 India win in the Airtel ODI series :p.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I thought NZ would win this one pretty easily after restricting Bangladesh. In the end they did well to get that close after the poor start they got off to. Anyway congrats to Bangladesh a great series.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I never realized that Kiwis are competing hard with West Indies for the worst cricketing side. :eek: Visitors were completely outplayed. Well done, Bangladesh. :hpraise

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I <3 Shakib.

Rubel, Razzaq, Shuvo, Kayes, Shaiful, Mahmadullah were all epic in their own ways in the series. Siddiqui as well till the drop catches :p

What a performance. Epic stuff.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Kiwis should have won at least one game. Well done Bangladesh. Start winning at home at least and then start producing stuff abroad as well.

Sakib was super after long time.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
epic stuff. history is written.

Well done bangladesh, they were more determined to win the last match than kiwis, shame to then, should've atleast won the last match.

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
BNG, a little lucky a points, but they've closed the gap enough that luck their way is enough to swing matches in their favour. Before, even when they got the luck they would lose.

They fought hard to earn that luck though, it's amazing what some self belief can do.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Any of you watched this game? For some reason I couldn't. I thought it would be very boring game. But seems like it was a good game.

I woke up in the middle of the night. My comp was on, so I checked in. Shafiul was bowling 2nd to last. Damn, our fast bowlers are bowling the death overs now? That's good to see.

McLOVIN added 2 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

BNG, a little lucky a points, but they've closed the gap enough that luck their way is enough to swing matches in their favour. Before, even when they got the luck they would lose.

They fought hard to earn that luck though, it's amazing what some self belief can do.

For some reason, I was not worried at all. When Rubel got hit for 4, I wasn't bothered at all. I knew he would blow the stumps.

But if this game was earlier this year, where we came so close to winning at luck was against us, I woulda been like, okay games over, thanks a lot Rubel.

P

pcfan123

Good think the kiwis are not Japanese or they would all be Hari Kariing themselves

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
After this series I'm 95% sure some stuff is seriously wrong off the field, no idea what, but NZ cricket has some serious issues to sort out.

You don't just get "out-played" for four matches straight like some of you guys are saying, there has to be a major problem off the field which has led to this massive downfall.

Yes Bangladesh played much better cricket than NZ, but from what I saw they were very beatable, and to lose four nil against them is just unacceptable from a NZ cricket fans point of view.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
There is nothing wrong "behind the scene." NZ batsman did not adjust to our pitches. For ex, yesterday, McCullum pulled Rubel and popped it up. When Ban was in NZ, McCullum pulled Rubel the same in more than one occasion for 6. And the way Taylor got out in the whole was just plain embarrassing. If I am not wrong, he was horrible against Ban spinners even in NZ.

And to add to those, our fielding and bowling has changed a lot, as just a month or so ago before this series BCB hired a bowling (Ian Pont) and a fielding coach (J Fountain). And they improved a lot in those 2 areas. I am sure you all noticed that. Specially the fielding. They held all their catches/chances (except yesterday), and that helped us defend those low total. Unlike in the past, those guys got lives and took the game away from us, just like Vettori did yesterday, almost.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Like I said above Bangladesh were very beatable, hence why I think something is going on behind the scenes.

I'm not trying to make excuses as Bangladesh 100% outplayed New Zealand, what I'm saying is it could be something to do with our coaching staff or something. Like who the fling is our batting caoch, they should just run away and hide and not come back to NZ. That's what I mean, NOT matchfixing and stuff like I think you thought I meant.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Fluke fluke fluke, more fluke for Bangladesh. They should just hang their heads in shame for celebrating fluke wins. Can't wait for them to get absolutely thrashed in the world cup.

Users who are viewing this thread