New Zealand in South Africa

wow what a thriller :)
but as always South Africa kicked ass and Andre Nel saved us and well done AB but lucky to get away with that droped catch.

u just caught the last 5 overs of the game. OMG of all people NEL! 3 balls 9 runs, and yorkers are being bowled so what does vettori do? Bring mid off up! Why! Great play from south africans though. lol at bouchers bat!

Great game. Mills bowled amazingly. Best i've sen anyone bowl in an ODI for a very long time.

We deserved to win, we should have won, but when tings arn't going your way, you find ways to gift the win to the other team.

I said after the first test we should just go home, I knew things would just continue to go badly for us. We had no luck all tour.

I believe it deserved to be a tied game myself. When it came to the last ball. There is no way we deserved to lose.

well SA deserved to win :) and NZ didn't deserved to win because they didn't take advantage of their chances i think how many dropped catches 2? that isn't a deserving side.

5 wickets and a 90 odd score, with a few 40's is better then what SA managed. They paced their innings well, though I felt we played better. 1 run more doesn't automatically mean they did.

Dropped catch by Styris was very difficult and the Sinclair one was full stretch diveing forward. They barely made the ground.

These new guys coming into the side have been fielding pretty bad. We have beeen one o he better fielding units over the last frew years, but the last few matches havn't been up to standard.

the kiwis lost the game rather than the proteas winning it.

Without straying into obvious comments to do with the series, I'd like to talk about Brendan McCullum.

I'm a huge fan of him with the bat, and I think he really needs a big one under his skin and hopefully he can go on from there. I was annoyed because he got to 40 odd then got out playing an unnecessary shot and he was really set in.

I'd like to hear a Kiwis voice on the matter.

Without straying into obvious comments to do with the series, I'd like to talk about Brendan McCullum.

I'm a huge fan of him with the bat, and I think he really needs a big one under his skin and hopefully he can go on from there. I was annoyed because he got to 40 odd then got out playing an unnecessary shot and he was really set in.

Id rather him stay down the order and finish off matchs like he has done numerous times before.

I agree totally.

I wanted him to put up a century. I was thinking it would be the perfect circumstance. A 40 isn't bad at all. I think he's better down the order still, but he's worth trying. I think Jamie How showed he's fully capable of opening (even though he came in at 3, he played like an opener).

He has the talent to bat up there, but probably needs a bit more of a go up there.

I hope there other 2 games are as exciting. Even though it made me swear in frustration once Nel hit those fours, up until then it was a great game. I perfer ODI's over anything.

Supporting NZ in this series...terribly terse game...the last over had me holding my breath...after those catches, terribly disappointing to see those fours...it really would have been kind of cool to see a tie...New Zealand did better w/the ball, but I'm pretty sure DeVilliers had the defining batting performance of the match.

whats wrong with ross taylor??he seems completely out of soughts

whats wrong with ross taylor??he seems completely out of soughts

He does indeed. I think it's just his inexperience. He got out in the tests playing some pretty airy aggressive shots. In the ODI he did the right thing. He had to go for it.

Hopkins has looked terrible every ball so far. Shocking technique for that ball in the ODI. I hope Oram is fit again, his all-round skill should make our team much more balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread