New Zealand in South Africa

I was very much suprised to see Kiwis standing clueless against the home team! Kallis was magnificent through out. I really wonder what went wrong with NZ's batting though. Fleming was the only Kiwi to score > 50(today) including both the tests.

Lol, in one end, fighting Lankans look clueless in bowling against Aussies and in other end, potential Kiwis look clueless in batting against SA. :p

Steyn just rocked NZ's batting line up, their openers were particularly bad, always lead their team into a rubbish start, meaning the middle order had to graft rather than play their shots.

Several of the batsmen, McCullum especially need to take more responsibility.

Steyn just rocked NZ's batting line up, their openers were particularly bad, always lead their team into a rubbish start, meaning the middle order had to graft rather than play their shots.

Well an opener was out injured and Vincent was given out to a disgusting decision. Those things don't really help. Fleming remains the only performer.

Bad performance again. At least it's over.

At least Mark Gillespie had a great debut, besides losing miserably.

Last edited:
I love this quote off Cricinfo, had me laughing for ages.

"We are hoping to play New Zealand ... we are sure if we do not beat them, we can fight them."
Afghanistan coach Taj Malik causes palpitations in both the ICC and United Nations

Dumbest thing i've heard. Lets go back a few years to when we played Zimbabwe

1st Test - Harare
New Zealand won by an innings and 294 runs

2nd Test - Bulawayo
New Zealand won by an innings and 46 runs

Bring it on noobs. And to think, your side is even worse, I mean, i've never even heard of any of the players or seen them play.

The Afghans actually have a very promising Cricket set-up. They claim to several bowlers who bowl 90+mph, and they can hit it a mile because of their build. I do expect you to twat them, but their very much developing in their infancy in the game.

I love this quote off Cricinfo, had me laughing for ages.

Dumbest thing i've heard. Lets go back a few years to when we played Zimbabwe

Bring it on noobs. And to think, your side is even worse, I mean, i've never even heard of any of the players or seen them play.

That's a fantastic over-reaction, well done.

-----

Is it me or has Steyn's action changed? He seems to rotate his body around the pivot more.

You missed the point of Tak Malik's statement and turned it into something it wasn't, it's clear for all to see that he meant it with tongue in cheek.

It isn't obvious to me. I can't see any signs of it being tongue in cheek. It's understandable for them to want to play an international level side.

Last edited:
well I hope that NZ does better in ODIs so that the series doesnt end up complitely one sided. not having Bond is gona hurt NZ alot.

New Zealand need to play more tests. I'm not impressed by vettori's captaincy but then again they're bowling attack was nothin great. Martin is a positive in this test series. Gillespie needs more experience. Bond was brilliant except again injury screwed him over. They're outclassed by Steyn who prolly nailed the coffin on Pollock.

The batting.... is poor. This looks like a kenyan batting line up more than anything else. Again, no experience in the top order. Reckon Astle might come out of retirement?

I still think Pollock is a better foil to Steyn.

No chance of Astle coming out of retirement I don't think. I'll probably give my thoughts on who should be selected next time for the Bangladesh series.

ODI wise, Andre Adams turned down the selectors when asked to join the squad, probably for Bond when he got injured. e's still interested in playing tests. Understandably he's annoyed about being skrewed around the past few years. Why Iian O'Brien got the nod ahead of him i'll never know.

My Twenty/20 eleven:

Vincent
McCullum
Taylor
Sinclair
Styris
Hopkins (Oram if fit)
Vettori
Mills
Gillespie
Patel
Martin

I can't believe we won't have Fleming. With him missing, it kinda makes our batting look terrible. Vincent and McCullum are obvious openers, How was tempting, but I think McCullum is needed up there more then he is down the order. Taylor remains at 3, since he did a great job last year. Sinclair deserves to fill in the number 4 spot. Styris is in bad form, but has experience and can bowl. If Oram isn't 100% fit, use Hopkins, I don't think Oram is going to be able to bowl anyway. Martin and Gillespie did well in the tests, plus they seem the most dependable and attacking of the bunch there with Bond and Franklin injured. Mills needs a game, and was brilliant before being injured.

I wish I could use How, but I think with Oram not able to bowl, it's important to give as many bowlers as possible a run.

This tour has been a disaster, so using this match to rest Oram and play an extra bowler is important for the ODI's.

Last edited:
It isn't obvious to me. I can't see any signs of it being tongue in cheek. It's understandable for them to want to play an international level side.

An ellipsis is often used to present a differing tone to how the sentence might be read.

Users who are viewing this thread