Pakistan in India

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Should be an AWESOME series, as usual India Pak one's are :)
Fixtures

I do hope India try out S Badrinath, who's been absolutely plundering attacks all over India for the past 2 years or so, and Manoj Tiwary,who i'm sure all of you have heard about his prowess.

Big pressure on new capt. Dhoni to perform at home, and Shoaib Malik as well.
Two young captains, should be awesome.

This series is going to be more interesting than the previous few series between India and Pakistan. The baton has been passed on to the younger generation with Dhoni and Malik being captains. Both teams seem to have recovered well, especially Pakistan who are doing very well in the current Twenty20 tournament. If Akthar is back, it would be even more challenging for India but they are tigers at home.

It should be a cracking series. I am not happy with the venues for the ODI's. The big stadiums are not there. Thankfully, we have some good venues for the test series with Bangalore, Eden Gardens and Ferozshah Kotla.

pakistan to win the tests but 50/50 for the odi's

Dont be so sure about that. India's test form has always been above par and recently they have been very good in tests, beating England in England.

Should be an AWESOME series, as usual India Pak one's are :)
Fixtures

I do hope India try out S Badrinath, who's been absolutely plundering attacks all over India for the past 2 years or so, and Manoj Tiwary,who i'm sure all of you have heard about his prowess.

Big pressure on new capt. Dhoni to perform at home, and Shoaib Malik as well.
Two young captains, should be awesome.

S Badrinath would be a great option for the tests and Manoj Tiwary for the ODI's. But with the trio firmly footed in the longer version with the likes of Yuvraj, Laxman, Sehwag, Karthick and Jaffer, do you think the selectors have a chance of tinkering with that lineup? Especially if Sachin becomes test captain, its tough to see new guys into the team because he will support himself and the seniors to stay in the team.

Last edited:
I see the only place on offer is an openers slot-Jaffer preferablly as Karthik has proven himself time and time again. From what i hear Badri isn't an opener so..

He should be in the squad, at least.
Would like to see Raina or Kaif back for ODI's too.

And, Yo Mahesh who I talked about in the other thread could be brought in for the ODI's.

I'd go with this for the 50's.

Tendulkar
Ganguly
Dhoni
Dravid
Yuvraj
Karthik
Tiwary/Kaif/Raina (rotation)
Irfan
Harbajan/Piyush
Mahesh
Zaheer

Of course, this is only for some matches, the regulars like Uthappa, Ghambir and RP will play in most.

Last edited:
it wont even be that close of a test series if Pakistan dont get Yousuf back since he has been scoring the majority of their runs lately, but Younis has been amazing against India. it will be on Asif and kaneria to get the wickets for Pakistan.

I see the only place on offer is an openers slot-Jaffer preferablly as Karthik has proven himself time and time again. From what i hear Badri isn't an opener so..

He should be in the squad, at least.
Would like to see Raina or Kaif back for ODI's too.

And, Yo Mahesh who I talked about in the other thread could be brought in for the ODI's.

I'd go with this for the 50's.

Tendulkar
Ganguly
Dhoni
Dravid
Yuvraj
Karthik
Tiwary/Kaif/Raina (rotation)
Irfan
Harbajan/Piyush
Mahesh
Zaheer

Of course, this is only for some matches, the regulars like Uthappa, Ghambir and RP will play in most.

It doesnt sound good at all to play all the big three in one game. You got to play maximum 2, no more than that

pakistan to win the tests but 50/50 for the odi's

In Your sweet Dreams Mate the type of batting line up they have anything less than 3-0 for india would be a seen as well done by pakistan .In odis they might have the advantage if india stick with old guns.

It doesnt sound good at all to play all the big three in one game. You got to play maximum 2, no more than that
I don't really see why.
Why can't we play all three? Just because they're "old"?
We HAVE to use them while they're still here. They haven't retired yet!

I don't really see why.
Why can't we play all three? Just because they're "old"?
We HAVE to use them while they're still here. They haven't retired yet!

Because they need to be preserved for test matches We should play 2 of them at a time and rotate them

err, if you remember quite clearly you lost 3-0 to england and india won 1-0 in the tests...
And if you remember quite clearly england were missing their main pace bowlers throughout the whole series.
and if you remember clearly you will remember the thrashing india got in karachi test match.
dont throw the 4-2 line cos we did the same to you the previous year.

In england india got lucky because england were missing harmison and hoggard.
had even 1 of them been fit india would have been beaten 3-0

Dont be so sure about that. India's test form has always been above par and recently they have been very good in tests, beating England in England.

my above comment about englands injuries

Last edited:
And if you remember quite clearly england were missing their main pace bowlers throughout the whole series.
and if you remember clearly you will remember the thrashing india got in karachi test match.
dont throw the 4-2 line cos we did the same to you the previous year.

my above comment about englands injuries

I Think for the conditions anderson and sidebottom could have been more dangerous than harmy who is out of form so you question is answered.And who knows if england got them they might have lost 3-0 with less swing bowlers.Its not good to speculate mate.

Karachi test match india did lose but they should have won it after the start they got but if you say pakistan can beat india ,going by pakistans current lot of batsman its looking very difficult ,they would be very happy to draw the series or lose 1-0 ,winning away from home is difficult always you should know.And also india play australia before that and anybody who plays australia thenext series is a lot easier.:hpraise

Last edited:

All if's and but's make everything in this world to look possible. If we have known to bowl yorkers in last overs, we would have won the ODI series in England too... If Munaf isn't exhibiting the laziness, he is the dangerous bowler.. and so on.. Plenty of If's eh? :p

Seriously, i predict a test win for India and fighting to level best in ODIs. Once again, many people fail to accept India as a good test team. I said at the very beginning of England series and even now saying the same. India is a damn good test side but a feeble ODI side. Its simply because, in ODIs our bowling is the weakest part for years.

All if's and but's make everything in this world to look possible. If we have known to bowl yorkers in last overs, we would have won the ODI series in England too... If Munaf isn't exhibiting the laziness, he is the dangerous bowler.. and so on.. Plenty of If's eh? :p

Seriously, i predict a test win for India and fighting to level best in ODIs. Once again, many people fail to accept India as a good test team. I said at the very beginning of England series and even now saying the same. India is a damn good test side but a feeble ODI side. Its simply because, in ODIs our bowling is the weakest part for years.
well i think it is the other way around
india is a feeble test side but a damn good odi side

He he he.. thats funny! India now are a better test side than an ODI side.

I predict India to win the test series 2-0 or 2-1 with Pakistan probably winning the ODI series 3-2 (India could do better if they plan to rotate their seniors and give a chance to younger blood).

Users who are viewing this thread