Pakistan in India

Malik should have brought on Akthar earlier.
I think thats where he erred.Also the Indian bowlers kept it pretty tight.
I'd say Pak fell about 30 runs short here.

I think it was a professional display form india,still i think we cannot play 3
left arm seamers when irfan and zaheer are more or less same.R.p singh bowled at 145 and hit the deck but i think zaheer should be in test matches only.There is need for a hit the deck bowler like ishant sharma,vrv singh,or even munaf patel,it will give the attack great potent specially having tall bowlers on these tracks where the bowl keeps low.I think the best indian bowling line-up would have-
1-Sreesanth
2-R.p singh
3-Harbhajan singh/Vrv singh/ishnat sharma/munaf patel
4-Irfan pathan
5-Muruli/piyush chawla

And we need to win in style in this series,a bit more flair will be good.Also the intensity seems
lacking from both teams,the india australia series was at a different level,

Last edited:
Sachin :( :( :( Anyways, i didn't see the whole match. Just saw the scorecard and it seem to be a convincing victory any problems. That 239 is never going to be enough to defend. Good positive start to the series from our side.. Hope they don't go too much in party mood as there is still a long way to go...

Malik still needs to learn a bit as captian as he's new to the job.

He continued with his spinners and the Indians were costantly playing them well. He should of brought Shoaib back a lot time before he did. He didn't look to attack and India nurdled their way to the finishing line.

Professional performance by M.S Dhoni's Side, their spinners bowled tightly to restrict Pakistan to just 230, which was not enough on that pitch.

Sachin :( :( :(...

Don't be too depressed, he took 2 important wickets! :clap

I think it was a professional display form india,still i think we cannot play 3
left arm seamers when irfan and zaheer are more or less same.R.p singh bowled at 145 and hit the deck but i think zaheer should be in test matches only.There is need for a hit the deck bowler like ishant sharma,vrv singh,or even munaf patel,it will give the attack great potent specially having tall bowlers on these tracks where the bowl keeps low.I think the best indian bowling line-up would have-
1-Sreesanth
2-R.p singh
3-Harbhajan singh/Vrv singh/ishnat sharma/munaf patel
4-Irfan pathan
5-Muruli/piyush chawla

Zaheer is the best bowler we have, in ODIs and Tests. He's very controlled and has proved himself recently. Everyone is allowed to have bad phases. To put the likes of Sreesanth and VRV Singh above him is a joke. VRV Singh is one of the worst bowlers I've ever seen on the international level.

I think we should play zaheer in tests.Playing 3 left armers doesnt look good.Sreesanth should be in the team.

Don't be too depressed, he took 2 important wickets! :clap

Zaheer is the best bowler we have, in ODIs and Tests. He's very controlled and has proved himself recently. Everyone is allowed to have bad phases. To put the likes of Sreesanth and VRV Singh above him is a joke. VRV Singh is one of the worst bowlers I've ever seen on the international level.

Zaheer is not a good fielder nor his bowling in odis is great
vrv is a good bowler he may have not got wickets in south africa but he bowled well,he needs more chances,i am sure he will be great for india

When teams play 3 right armers, no one raises an brow, but when it's 3 left armers all of a sudden that's wrong ? Why so?

When teams play 3 right armers, no one raises an brow, but when it's 3 left armers all of a sudden that's wrong ? Why so?

If you have the option then why not?I think no team will be fool enough to not give their bowling attack a variety.Pakistan should have played tanveer.Becoz they have got the option.

If anything 3 left armers is more useful than 3 right armers. The variation is far better.

Indeed. Anyhoo, India have a really strong batting line up now. Before their middle order looked shaky apart from Dravid, but now Yuvraj, Uthappa and Dhoni are really bolstering it. The top two are still looking good, and with Gambhir now starting to show his worth, it's looking good.

It was a clinical display but the match was .... really boring. Maybe it was the absence of Sreesanth? Who knows but I was bored and went to sleep halfway through India's innings.

It was a clinical display but the match was .... really boring. Maybe it was the absence of Sreesanth? Who knows but I was bored and went to sleep halfway through India's innings.
lol your avatar isnt boring.:p

I agree that Zaheer is not great in ODI's and his below average fielding compounds it even more. A right arm bowler is a must for any team. Variation is very important. I have been saying for ages that we need one more right arm aggressive fast bowler to have good back up. Next match, Sreesanth should come in for Zaheer who wasnt impressive at all today. His poor fitness is there for all to see.

Good win for India. This type of fielding effort is good enough to beat sides like pakistan but take this effort into Australia and you will get slaughtered.

Users who are viewing this thread