Pakistan in India

And there is no harm in trying all rounder Praveen Kumar.Or will he be dropped from the team without playing?

Pakistan will fight back guys...trust me...NExt match or 3rd ODI will be one by Pakistan...This series will go down to the final....

I think Dhoni is awesome player....Hes not known to play innings like this...hes known for swing and hard hitting player...buh hes improved and showed that he can play good innings like that for his team...Great behind the stumps and Captaining the side well...FUTURE LEGEND of INDIA!

Dissaponting match from Pakistan.
But There are still 4 matchs left

Our batting let us down today. Not good enough from Younis really. Wasted so much. Yousuf atleast recovered at the end.

I think we need Malik coming in at #3 now so our team should look like this for the next game (no changes except the order)

Salman Butt - Yeah, he's good enough.
Shahid Afridi - I just have this gut feeling about the way he played today, that he's different and he needs to capitalize on the top of the innings.
Shoaib Malik - Captain. He has a good record against India when he comes in at this spot.
Mohammad Yousuf - Needs to play run a ball innings which he's capable of.
Younis Khan - He needs to bat quicker at this spot or hold the innings together if there is a failure at the top.
Misbah Ul-Haq - He's a good batsman and can also hit the ball a long way.
Kamran Akmal - Sigh.
Abdur Rehman/Sohail Tanvir - He's a good left arm spinner. Variation is the key in India. Or the Left arm pacer can give us a bit more variation and the angle could be confusing.
Shoaib Akthar - Pace.
Rao Ifthikar - He's been great against SA, and he needs to be given one more chance.
Umar Gul - Pace.

sreesanth lost his ipod and i phone lol.....i guess he is angry...i hope he plays the second odi..as mohali pitch is fast paced

sreesanth lost his ipod and i phone lol.....i guess he is angry...i hope he plays the second odi..as mohali pitch is fast paced

I really hope he doesn't. This is the first match that I've seen India play with no name calling, racist remarks, etc. since the last two series. I like it. I know intensity has to be there, and its good for the game, but Sreesanth goes overboard. I just don't want him to play this series for that reason, especially because there is always more at stake when India and Pakistan play.

He's also very expensive.

My blog entry regarding the First ODI

And there is no harm in trying all rounder Praveen Kumar.Or will he be dropped from the team without playing?

I hope not, I rate him as a fantastic prospect. With him in the team, India can play 5 bowlers in ODIs without worrying about weakening the batting. Based on domestic figures and the form he is in, he may be one of the stronger pace bowlers in the team too.

I've seen a few snippets of him bowling on Wah Cricket and he seems to be quite an accurate bowler who, unlike the traditional RM bowler who waits for a mistake, gets his wickets with vicious late swing. His bowling reminds me of Waqar Younis' later years.

Last edited:
Our batting let us down today. Not good enough from Younis really. Wasted so much. Yousuf atleast recovered at the end.

I think we need Malik coming in at #3 now so our team should look like this for the next game (no changes except the order)

Salman Butt - Yeah, he's good enough.
Shahid Afridi - I just have this gut feeling about the way he played today, that he's different and he needs to capitalize on the top of the innings.
Shoaib Malik - Captain. He has a good record against India when he comes in at this spot.
Mohammad Yousuf - Needs to play run a ball innings which he's capable of.
Younis Khan - He needs to bat quicker at this spot or hold the innings together if there is a failure at the top.
Misbah Ul-Haq - He's a good batsman and can also hit the ball a long way.
Kamran Akmal - Sigh.
Abdur Rehman/Sohail Tanvir - He's a good left arm spinner. Variation is the key in India. Or the Left arm pacer can give us a bit more variation and the angle could be confusing.
Shoaib Akthar - Pace.
Rao Ifthikar - He's been great against SA, and he needs to be given one more chance.
Umar Gul - Pace.

dude Younis fails one match and lets move him down the order, he is the best batsman at #3 for Pakistan and has been for a long time so lets not jump the gun and just leave him at #3.

Sreesanth has all the tools (including being one) to be a successful fast bowler. I saw him watching Akhtar bowl, willing to learn and I think that he must play as much as possible so that he can learn first hand how to maximise his skills at international level.

I think Prasad should take Sreesanth to one side and teach him that his desire to bowl fast is a perfectly healthy one and one that he should not bottle. However, Sreesanth must learn that he should go entire overs and maybe a process of three to four overs bowling the outswinger and learn to surprise the batsman with the bouncer or inswinger. Sreesanth is clever, but naive as to how to use his gifts and intelligence toward the game.

Sreesanth's agression is fine too but he must not get into a conversation with the batsman. A simple profanity, followed by 'off' and then turn to your mark. Full blown conversations simply disrupt the bowler's rhythm.

He must play in the Second ODI, not because the pitch is fast paced but because he is better than RP Singh (currently) at playing the fast bowler role.

dude Younis fails one match and lets move him down the order, he is the best batsman at #3 for Pakistan and has been for a long time so lets not jump the gun and just leave him at #3.

No he hasn't.
Code:
                     Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0
Younus              51   51   3  1301 101   93   82   27.10   1  10   4
Malik                 32   32   1  1237 143  118   95   39.90   2   9   1

That is a poor average from Younus at number 3.

As the commentators said, he is far better a player than his stats suggest.

I dunno about that, it'd be interesting to find out if he can finally curb his enthusiasm (bada-bing for US viewers!) and play a better opening role. I still feel he'll gift away his wicket.

Good tight performance from India, I'd like to see Sree play, but I really like the attitude from both sides. The lack of overkill in the on field antics is definitely good and helps concentrate just on the cricket.

i wanna see afridi opening
fail or not i just love watching him open against india

here was something different to him today about his innings
sure he hit a 6 but you just felt that he wanted to play a proper innings today

well that was until tendulkar came on to bowl

What a bad performance of Pakistan. The dropped catches cost them the match. And Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf need to score with a higher strikerate. Mohammad Yousuf only hit in the final overs, but he could have got more runs in the middle overs. And Akmal doesn't need to open.

I never expected this type of clumsy fielding from a team like Pakistan. Unless they improve their batting and fielding India will win this series with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread