Pakistan in India

why look at past, even Iqbal scored a 100 against India on series we won.. however..

why look at past, even Iqbal scored a 100 against India on series we won.. however..

Akmal did that last month.
While FIqbal did that God knows when... :p And after that he made a mess of himself... Anyway, I hope Sarfaraz will get a test cap...

I was so sure that we will give Aussies a run for they money when they come next year (if they come!), but now I am getting more and more insecure...

wiki said:
Faisal Iqbal (Urdu: فیصل اقبال) (born 30 December 1981 in Karachi) is a Pakistani cricketer. He is a right-handed batsman and occasional right-arm medium-pace bowler.

Iqbal, nephew of Javed Miandad, was a prolific junior-level scorer. He played two Tests in South Africa in 2003-04 but after not performing well was dropped. Upon returning to Test cricket after a two-year hiatus, he scored his maiden Test century against India to help Pakistan win the 2005–06 Test series in the final Test in Karachi.

have a read, holy crap Faisal Iqbal S*uks.

we need him for his catching
hes the best close in fielder we have
and hes young too
anyhow
hes betterthan misbah ul haq

Are you his cousin?:p He is there in the team becoz of Miandad everyone knows that.:p

YO-Yo will be the diffrence in Test as they are in ODIs. Rest anyone can play all will make 30-40 and get out.

the only thing solid about pakistans team is the 3-4-5 batsman everyone else is strugling or just back in the team. Kaneria was the only one geting wickets in the SAF series alongside Rehman, Gul strugled, Shoaib is back after a looong time off and not fit at all and who knows who will be the 3rd pacer. and lets not even talk about the keeper(s), if Sarfaraz plays he has no experience and if Akmal plays well you can expect someone to make a 100 because he drops them on 20 or somthing like that.

so in my eyes this is begining to look like a comfortable win for India.

Surprised me that Akhtar is out... =/
Fawad Alam playing :)
Hameed & Nazir also playing :)
Sarfaraz playing :D
No Akhtar, Akmal, Younis and Akmal
Our bowling sucks now... =P
Anyway, okay start. Imran Nazir is playing sloooooow. Hope we win this one, anyone else following? And yeah, impressive by Praveen Kumar... Good captaincy by Dhoni to give him the new ball ;)

Praveen Kumar has done very well with the new ball. The bonus is that as well as being a metronomic swing bowler at 130kph, he is a good lower order hitter too.

3 quick wicket's for SS in his second spell.
But still better batting from Pakistan today, let's hope we can put a good total. Misbah, Sarfararz & Fawad to come.

306 is a good score, but I expect India to chase it down. The batting is on fire, and we haven't been restricted to under 300 so far this series. It's also a very long batting line up, and with Sehwag instead of Ganguly, it definitely does look better. Tendulkar and Sehwag are key, as well as Yuvi and Dhoni whom I have no doubt will need to finish the match. I expect a close finish.

Yes you have :D
295 something in the 3rd ODI I think
Another wicket for Pakistan, I hope we will win this one :)

Looks like Pakistan are going to make this 3-1.
Yuvi not looking in good rhythm but Sharma looks impressive today. He seems to have some lazy elegance to his batting.

What is also good to see is the ground is big and it is not easy to clear the boundary which makes it a fair game for the bowlers.
The Jaipur ground looks a pretty picture thanks to the ICC Champions Trophy 2006.

I think that one of the 3 (Ganguly,Gambhir or Sehwag) will be dropped from the side for the next ODI series. I have a feeling it will be Ganguly and I have no problem with that.
Sourav has`nt done anything remarkable in the series and the previous one as well.
He can make way for Dravid in the middle order if Gambhir opens.

Praveen Kumar has done very well with the new ball. The bonus is that as well as being a metronomic swing bowler at 130kph, he is a good lower order hitter too.

I have seen him open the batting as well.
What is certain is that he will get a chance to show his batting skills today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread