Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

Well played Punter. Given a massive let off on 0 but it takes a good player to take advantage of it like he has here.

Pakistan really need to find a leader in the team. Youseff is a very handy player in his own right but his tactics right through the series have been very questionable.

Kamran's 3 were much easier.

Really? Aamer's catch is probably one of the most simple ones you will get in any form of cricket, from club cricket all the way up to international. The ball was hit straight to him.

Surprised Ponting got that 100 tbh, it didn't look likely when I left and he was on 30 odd. These two must have batted pretty well by the looks of things.

I would expect that catch to be taken even at club juniors level. If somebody dropped a catch like that in one of my juniors games I think I would be very annoyed with them.. to think that a professional sportsman like Mohammad Aamer can manage to drop that.. incredible.

Was an absolute sitter. They don't come much easier than that, unless he's expecting to be standing at short leg and the batsman just lobs one a couple of metres into the air intentionally. He barely even had to move.. the irony is that Ponting spoke in the newspaper about how he felt all these other batsmen were getting so many chances and luck and he wasn't getting any luck at all.. well, you can turn that around, Punter.

Well batted to Michael Clarke as well, he's had a fine Test season and another 100 really caps it off superbly.

Great players make runs when they arent in top form, Ponting looked scratchy early but so what? Its not the only ton he's made where he looked average early.

LOL at Pakistan, how much worse can they get? Bowling outside off-stump, how are you suppsoe to get wickets like that? Especially to guys who won't play a bad shot 99%of the time.

Nah, listened a bit on the radio, looked at cricinfo and watched the last session after aths training. Not sure whether I'll go or not.

What a great knock from Ricky Ponting.. Turned on the TV at 3/99 and my first thought was 'Let Ponting be in'. And he was.

His cover drives were brilliant. Pull shot trouble you say? Ricky Ponting reborn. What a player!

I think it was a confidance thing with Ponting, he had never lost the ability to play that Pull Shot. He was just being bullied and the bowlers had their tails up.

Hope this sparks another period of dominance especially into the Ashes, would love to see him destroy their bowling attack.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. This old saying cannot be truer of Punter, our legend. Only fools write off true sporting legends. I hope when he does retire he goes out on a big high, and and shoves hit bat up the ass of his haters. :hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread