Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

Did he ever make any sense speaking in English? :laugh

I got the impression that Mark Taylor had no idea what he was saying and was looking to rattle through his questions as quickly as possible. Fortunately Yousuf doesn't seem a long winded guy, except when he's talking about Salman's running between wickets...:laugh

CA said:
"We played against the best team in the world," Yousuf admitted after the match.

*blushes*

Well this raises a few questions, was he saying it as an excuse, does he really believe that, or did it all get lost in translation?

Pakistan really are a shambles, I still can't help but laugh at them dropping Akmal for the final Test when the series was lost and the replacement making 1 & 5 and Pakistan losing heavily. Could they have their Read vs Jones?!? Trust me when I say you'll end up with the pick of the batting keepers no matter how long and hard you debate and muck about with the better keepers. Forget the drops, Jones got slated bigtime for drops and it was perhaps at its worst when we dropped NINE catches against Sri Lanka in a 1-1 draw before beating Pakistan. It happens, but the keeper isn't the only one who dropped catches and you can't afford to have four bowlers and a poor batter as keeper. His batting will save and perhaps even win you more matches than his drops will cost you, trust me. Bowlers bowling accurately and taking wickets, batsmen making runs are more important factors in a result than catches.

Is it really so bad to give a 22 year old a chance to play in a dead game?

And by the way, check your stats before posting because Ahmed has a First Class Record of 2514 runs at 43.34 which is very good for a young keeper.

Thank goodness that series is over and this summer of Test cricket in Australia is done. It's close to being the worst I've seen here. The West Indies provided some measure of fight in their 2nd and 3rd Tests, but the remainder of the summer has been a non-competitive shambles. And I doubt the ODI series will fare much better.

In terms of test series that werent that competetive in the last decade this summer was pretty good. 200/01 was a walkover. 2002/03 we thrashed England. 04/05 we humiliated Pak and NZ. 05/06 we thrashed WI and beat Sa comfortably. 06/07 obvious thrashing for England. 07/08 close but Aus on top in the end. 09/10 Sa beat us comfortably and we beat NZ. So I would say this summer has been pretty even, but Pak lost key sessions, otherwise all the talk even during the series was that we could lose at any point, which wasnt the case in previous years. I'm guessing a lot of people jusy havent seen that much cricket over the past decade.

Also bear in mind that the SCG test was great for Pak until the last day, they were ultra competitive. And when Aamer got the 5-fer at the MCG it looked like we could lose, after a big collapse, so it wasnt the walk over the scoreboard would imply.

Thank goodness that series is over and this summer of Test cricket in Australia is done. It's close to being the worst I've seen here. The West Indies provided some measure of fight in their 2nd and 3rd Tests, but the remainder of the summer has been a non-competitive shambles. And I doubt the ODI series will fare much better.

Australia played really well and I enjoyed it very much. And it was far from non-competitive.

Take your stupid comments and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

No one actually gives a fearsome tweak what you think :)

Over to the ODIs, will be interesting seeing who is left out. You would think Hopes would be used since they only named him for this match but who do they leave out for him. Then you have this same problem in Sydney with Voges.

Users who are viewing this thread