Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

But with Siddle, he can bowl anywhere really, even on flat decks. And don't forget, he's only 23. If we bring in Hilfy for Siddle, we would have 2 27 year olds and 2 28 year olds making up our attack.

Which is a recipe for disaster, having all of them retire at the same time.

You don't have confidence in Australia, that you won't find any other pace bowler in the next 4-5 years?

You don't have confidence in Australia, that you won't find any other pace bowler in the next 4-5 years?
Consider this; All three perform so well that our ever faithful Aussie selectors do not drop them. Along comes the next decade, and they've all retired.

What do we do?

With Australia's strong FC Cricket system, I highly doubt, there won't be another batch after this current one. The likes of Johnson, Bollinger and Hilfenhaus were devolped in the same system, so there's nothing to say that there won't be as good or even better players coming out in the next couple of years. Besides, Australia's batting has always been strong, and they have young players who can be very good Test Cricketers for them in the future, and that always takes pressure of the bowlers. So even if they produce average bowlers, they will still have above average batsman to even it out.

Undoubtedly there will be a batch. The problem is having a completely new batch come in.

Three inexperienced pace bowlers in one test match attack? Never gonna win.

I wouldnt worry if I were you Gazza. Whenever we think the Aussies are out, they comeback even stronger. Nobody gave them much of a chance in SA, but they managed it

With the likes of George, Hazelwood, Starc, Pattinson, Walter and co the fast bowling generation will be just fine. I would expect a few of them to break the current combo before they are even thinking about retirement.

BTW Siddle is 25 so he will retire around the same time as the others anyway.

You guys are talking about retirements for players who are 25 and under??? get off the drugs! Gazza you are off your trolley mate!

Consider this; All three perform so well that our ever faithful Aussie selectors do not drop them. Along comes the next decade, and they've all retired.

What do we do?

It's already happened twice in the last few years. They weren't retirements but we've had to replace 2 quickies at once. First, with with Gillespie and Kasprowicz after 2005 Ashes debacle (replaced by Tait for a couple, then Johnson and Clark). Then lately with Lee and Clark injured (replaced by Siddle, Hilfy and Bollinger).

Undoubtedly there will be a batch. The problem is having a completely new batch come in.

Three inexperienced pace bowlers in one test match attack? Never gonna win.

Someone mentioned the South Africa tour - perfect example. Hilfy was on debut, Siddle had played 4 Tests, McDonald had played 1 Test, McGain was on debut and Mitch was Mr Experience with around 15-20 from memory.

I really hope Pakistan play better in ODIs after that horrible Test series white wash.
Who is going to be the captain?

I knew someone would mention the SA tour, I thought about it when I commented. If you look at the stats of Siddle, McDonald and Hilfenhaus on that tour, they aren't great. Obviously they all bowled a lot better than those stats show but essentially as a support attack to Mitch, who was in red hot form and was the one who won us that series because he had a couple of years of play up his sleeve.

But yeah, it would be better if in the next two years a young quick came in to the Aussie side, to replace one of the older blokes.

/rant

Well, you would hope so. The game between the two sides in the Champions Trophy was decided by the slimmest of margins, so obviously they aren't too unequally matched in the shorter formats.

I think the pitches will be the deciding factor in this series. More bounce and less spin, i feel it would be another whitewash.

I thought last year's Chapell Hadlee series would be a whitewash, but it wasn't.

Australia to win this 4-1, seeing as we beat them 3-2 in the Middle East. The first ODI will go to Australia for sure, then Pakistan have an opportunity in the next two. At Perth, Australia to win by heaps.

So, Pakistan to struggle at the Gabba and WACA, but to be more competitive at spin friendly Adelaide and Sydney.

Pakistan have the bowlers to do well at the Gabba. I know we struggled there against the Winides last time they came and I think NZ had us in a bit of trouble last year as well.

Users who are viewing this thread