Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

Pakistan will definitely come hard in One Day series.
Ahahahaahahahahahaha fearsome tweak ahaha ████ that's the funniest thing I've ever read ahaha

Ahaaha ████, come hard.

Heh.

Younus should stabilise their batting order, I'd prefer a closer series.

Pakistan... another series where you will lose

I knew someone would mention the SA tour, I thought about it when I commented. If you look at the stats of Siddle, McDonald and Hilfenhaus on that tour, they aren't great. Obviously they all bowled a lot better than those stats show but essentially as a support attack to Mitch, who was in red hot form and was the one who won us that series because he had a couple of years of play up his sleeve.

But yeah, it would be better if in the next two years a young quick came in to the Aussie side, to replace one of the older blokes.

/rant

Last mention of the SA tour :p Yeah the wicket stats weren't awesome, but there was one stat overlooked by most: Economy rate. ALL the Aussie bowlers - apart from McGain :laugh were under 3 RPO, some a long way like Siddle (2.2 RPO) and McDonald (2.6 RPO). That doesn't often happen, look at the SA bowlers: they only had 1 guy UNDER 3 RPO (Paul Harris). That was the thing that impressed me, not so much an explosive attack but a very disciplined one that built up pressure. So they really did do quite well for such an inexperienced attack IMHO.

Anyway, that's ultimately why I was disappointed in the Ashes. We couldn't contain and build pressure. Siddle and Mitch bowled crap and that let off any pressure that Hilfy or Hauritz built *Just looked at the economy rates in the Ashes: Siddle 3.81, Mitch 4.01, vast difference from the SA tour. And Australia bowled more maidens in the 3 SA Tests than the 5 Ashes Tests (136 v 124).

Last edited:
Apparently Hopes is going to sit out. Why bring him into the squad then!

Provides handy cover, can play either as a batter or bowler. TBH don't know why he was left out of the SCG match, if Queensland made the Big Bash final he would still have to go back to back. And if he can do that then I don't see why White, Siddle and co couldn't have done likewise.

Last mention of the SA tour :p Yeah the wicket stats weren't awesome, but there was one stat overlooked by most: Economy rate. ALL the Aussie bowlers - apart from McGain :laugh were under 3 RPO, some a long way like Siddle (2.2 RPO) and McDonald (2.6 RPO). That doesn't often happen, look at the SA bowlers: they only had 1 guy UNDER 3 RPO (Paul Harris). That was the thing that impressed me, not so much an explosive attack but a very disciplined one that built up pressure. So they really did do quite well for such an inexperienced attack IMHO.

Well the thing is SA are probably one of the slowest scoring teams in the world.

Ummm, no. Smith, De Villiers, Duminy, Boucher and hell even Kallis, all have strike rates of 50+

We were also going at 3.5 for most of the England Series.

But they are not consistent in that like other teams. They have fast scoring matches but also slow scoring matches. Especially if the batsmen find it difficult.

Although DeVilliers proved he can up the tempo when things get slow.

But they are not consistent in that like other teams. They have fast scoring matches but also slow scoring matches. Especially if the batsmen find it difficult.

Exactly...it makes no sense to go an try and be a hero and bat faster than conditions allow.

Look at what happened to England in the last test....in both innings they were going at around 4 rpo and then what happened - Both times they got out for under 200 and it was only the 3rd time(not exactly sure) that a team has been bowled out twice in less than a 100 overs (in total) in test cricket. But hey...at least they scored a bit faster right?

So I really dont understand the point you're trying to make. And furthermore, the sub continent countries probably bat faster than us for exactly that reason: They rarely have troubling batting conditions over there...sure there is spin but overall its easy to bat really fast there as the pitches are more flat than the autobahn.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I just don't like it how our selectors constantly draft older players into the squad, and then don't play them.

When was the last time we had a kid on a test tour for work experience?

Users who are viewing this thread