Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

One of the disadvantages of Watson opening is Ponting hasn't been able to use him this innings so far. We are going to need him to get one of these two out. Need Hauritz to stand up and Siddle could do with a few wickets to remind us of what he can do.

Lucky to be dropped on 99. Catch was a dolly too.

Wouldn't be my definition of a dolly I'm afraid. That was going fast and he was forced to move - those are NOT dolly catches. That's the Bill Lawry in you talking.

No batsman ever deserves to be out in the 90's. The only time I was remotely happy about a 99 was when Kallis got run out at the MCG in 01 for 99, ah that was sweet. That came off the awful umpiring decision in the first innings when he was caught behind despite being many centimetres away from the ball, the Aussies hardly appealed!

Well it's cruel to get so close and miss out, but it's a real bugbear of mine when people say 'oh he deserved a hundred' as though once you get to 80 or 90 it's your God given right... It's not :mad:

One of the disadvantages of Watson opening is Ponting hasn't been able to use him this innings so far. We are going to need him to get one of these two out. Need Hauritz to stand up and Siddle could do with a few wickets to remind us of what he can do.

Well maybe if they'd bowled their overs quicker he could have had a trundle at the end. They only bowled 45 overs in almost 3.5 hours and Hauritz and Katich bowled 17 of them!! That is just awful. They were supposed to bowl 48 and if Pakistan hold out for a draw tomorrow with a wicket or 2 left, I won't be happy. It's not as though wickets were falling or there were heaps of reviews either. Couple that with Pakistan's bowl wide, go slow over rate in the morning and it's no wonder that people question Test cricket sometimes. Rant over...

Pakistan still have a chance to win this Test match, I say,If these two put on a huge partnership.

Also loved the first over bowling by Katich.:hpraise

I was at the 'G today, watched the whole thing.

Gosh Watson got sooooo lucky to get his 100, the Pakistanis broke the curse, well done :hpraise

OMFG Bolly should have caught that ball off Katich :facepalm

Surprised Watson didn't bowl, but Johnson got some good shape away late in the day.

BTW the ground feels much smaller in real life than it does on TV, was thinking of running out in the middle to get some air time :laugh

TumTum added 5 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

And forgot to mention, Bay 13 were full of drunk idiots :laugh

TumTum added 11 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Forgot to add, that was a brilliant ball by Hauritz, the most I have ever seen him spin it :clap

Last edited:
Pakistan still have a chance to win this Test match, I say,If these two put on a huge partnership.

Also loved the first over bowling by Katich.:hpraise

For Pakistan to have any chances of winning, Muhammad Yousaf needs to make at least 150. He needs to play the captain's knock. If yousaf gets out early, Pak can kiss good bye to any chances of a win let alone a draw.

Yousuf to lead Pakistan to record chase tomorrow! :):p

This will be record chase if Pakistan will able to do so but as we all know about Pakistan batting this is a very big target against a good and well balanced Aussie side.
one thing you must all noticed that in this inning chase Pakistan is going towards chasing not towards draw,which is a positive mode.
Umer and Yousaf must have to bat at least to put more 150 runs on the board.

This will be record chase if Pakistan will able to do so but as we all know about Pakistan batting this is a very big target against a good and well balanced Aussie side.
one thing you must all noticed that in this inning chase Pakistan is going towards chasing not towards draw,which is a positive mode.
Umer and Yousaf must have to bat at least to put more 150 runs on the board.

I noticed that as soon as Farhat hit his first boundary and yes I know he only made 12 odd runs but he was looking very dangerous. He wasn't just throwing the bat at everything nor was he completely bogged down. Yousuf is looking good as well. I'm seriously thinking 250 to get with 7 wickets in hand isn't very difficult especially with Hauritz as the only spinner on the fifth day and the wicket not having much in it wth the old ball for the seamers.

I still state what I said before the start of play on the 4th morning, if he win, Yousuf and Misbah need to do it. For all of Umar Akmal's strokeplay, do no expect him to hang around till the end, I think he might score another 60-70 though which when chasing 422 can come in handy.

Our best day so far. Aamir bowled superbly and the new angle worked for him. The ball to Haddin was sheer beauty. Also saw him clock to 150 kmph was was a good sign for him. Ajmal bowled tightly as well.

The intent Pakistan have showen in this innings is smart. You cant expect them to hang out for a day and a half. Yousef needs to show his class tomorrow. He has failed immensely in the 4th innings, and this is his chance to redeem himself. The first session is crucial for us as a couple of wickets and we can kiss our chances goodbye. The two batsman at the crease have alot to do, and if they can get a 75+ stand in the morning we stand a chance. Akmal is in fine form and Misbah scored a 50 in the previous innings so his confidence should be high so we have got some batsman coming.

Its tough for us, and I wont mind losing the game if we put up a fight and score about 380 or so. Would like to see Ponting's face if we win ;)

they need a hundred, what did the windies chase in was no one scored a big one, all the batsmen made contributions but with a wicket falling every now and again australia's heads were kept up.

you need to get them to a stage where they are getting worried. nervous captain and fielders combined with bowlers feeling the pressure is a sure way of getting away with a few chances and getting some bad balls.

Come on Pakistan. Make Ponting cry for that declaration in first innings.

lol!! Faisal Iqbal want pass 20. that is great for him.
252 runs in one day is not different but they haven't got any decent batsmen in their squad:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread