Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

spaga1994

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
so you would bat Hughes at 6?

Nah bat hughes and watson opening bat clarke at 4 kattich at 5 and hussey at 6
that would give alot of experience in our middle order with two attacking batsmen opening for us

TumTum

International Cricketer
that would give alot of experience in our middle order with two attacking batsmen opening for us

I agree.

Even though Katto has been great for us, 2 attacking batsmen is ideal.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors

I agree.

Even though Katto has been great for us, 2 attacking batsmen is ideal.

Why brake up a partnership that has been working for you since they were put together.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
No Hughes! It'll stuff the poor lad up. Let him play for Middlesex and the Blues and refine his techinque. He'll be back, just not yet.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Hmmm, Ponting and Clarke pretty much was the base of Australia's innings. If Pakistan can duplicate that with a pair of their own batsmen, I think we will be in for a very interesting test due to the pitch more or less favouring the batsmen. May even be a race against time for Australia to get the 20 wickets...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I'd like to see Khawaja tbh. Out of White, Bailey and Cowan White is the best and also the youngest. Plus he's perhaps the best captain in Australia, a good slipper and a handy leggie.

Don't think Cowan is anywhere near the frame. Hughes, White and Bailey would be the picks, selectors aren't known to take risk.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hmmm, Ponting and Clarke pretty much was the base of Australia's innings. If Pakistan can duplicate that with a pair of their own batsmen, I think we will be in for a very interesting test due to the pitch more or less favouring the batsmen. May even be a race against time for Australia to get the 20 wickets...

Pretty agree it can be a comeback of Pakistan batting too and if that could happen, I think most of us will be more happy then a series victory against Aussies.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Khawaja and Hughes are obviously men for the future and their prospects are enhanced by their age. However, Smith's a capable attacking batsman and a brilliant fielder, if they're looking for a useful player, the bowling is just an added bonus.

In that middle age group, there are a lot of maybes. Bailey looks good, but there are more convincing batsmen, same with White, who doesn't really look good, but seems to make more runs somehow and has a somewhat comfortable limited overs spot. Cosgrove's thunderous hitting power would make a good lower-order player. I think Marsh is the most likely though. Like White, he has the foot in the door. His batting in all forms of the game in the last few seasons is consistent and his stroke play is very persuasive.

Klinger's averaged like 70 in the last 3 years, so if they're ever going to pick him it should be this year. Concern would be that he's an unattractive and limited sort of player, not much of a candidate for limited overs and it's worth asking whether he is a bit reliant on the belters found at Adelaide, not that most Test surfaces are more difficult. Consider that Phil Jaques is also about 30; it seems ridiculous to ignore him for a less experienced and less versatile batsman.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I hope we have a Shield match before the squads are named. Quite a few guys could push for selection in particular Khawaja and Smith who could add another 100 to look alot more attractive for that spot. Being in NZ the second spinner probably won't be picked so Smith won't be able to get in the squad as second spinner.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors

It would be Katich at 4 and Clarke at 5. Katich bats 3/4 for NSW and is extremely successful.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hussey at 6 is always a good move, hes the ideal Test 6 and his form is still a bit patchy. Him making 50s at 6 looks a lot better than him making 50s at 4. Plus we know he can accelerate like for the situation presented today.

Interesting the commentators didn't mention anything about Hauritz 121km/h delivery.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I don't really like the selectors. They don't really try different styles a lot.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I think the speedo's been on the fritz for the last hour or so tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread