Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2009

Yep, I would really like to see Watling and Broom brought into the side. But the one thing that nags me is whether Broom could handle it at test level. He struggled so far in ODIs, how would the step up to test cricket affect him? But he has just scored a century against Wellington. Perhaps he has what it takes. I'd certainly like to see him succeed.

Well we wont know if Broom can handle test cricket if we don't give him a chance, and it's pretty unfair to judge him on 14 innings batting at 6-7 tbh.

That's why I'm all for him to be included in the side. In this case I'd love for him to prove me wrong and show he's got what it takes to play at the test level.

1: Watling
2: Guptill
3: Broom
4: Taylor
5: Ryder
6: McCullum
7: Franklin
8: Vettori
9: Bond
10: O'Brien
11: Martin
I would like to see something like that, possibly southee for franklin, but on the other hand we need as many capable batsmen as possible.

I was talking about Test batsman but you have a point as well

If Pakistan get 300 by the end of today it will be a very tough 2 days for NZ to save the match

tough!!it will be highly impossible then to save the match,except Taylor and Daniel Vettori,I can't see anybody body who can play an anchor sheet role.
but don't forget Pakistan needs to bat very well to score that 300 runs and that too in New Zealand.
Still match is towards Pakistan but who knows when there is Pakistan on the ground.

I just think it's funny how we pick a side without 5 bowlers with the reasoning to strengthen the batting and then we're bowled out for under 100. Funny thing is, if we did play 5 bowlers the top order players might have played a bitbetter and we coulda got more runs. Who knows.

Many are saying that Southee should come in for Fulton, at first I thought i was a joke but surely he would get less than 2 ducks in 3 innings

Play has started and the Cricinfo weather link says a 20% chance of rain.

If Pakistan can be bowled out with a lead of 360 we could have an exciting finish again. A lot of Pakistans fate in this game rests on Yousuf I think - he needs to step up and make a decent score today.

can you guys recommend a site to watch it online. I bought a package from cricketstreaming.tv, but sometimes it's late to start the stream while sometimes the streams stop altogether in between the match.

I already know about willow.tv which is a bit on the higher side. Any other alternatives?
(free will be appreciated if quality is really good.)

Users who are viewing this thread