Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2009

Pressure is only on New zealand,can anybody tell me why bond is out of match?

O'Brien to Misbah-ul-Haq, no run, hurled it short outside off at 144 kmph, holds its line, leaves it alone to the keeper

wtf? O'Brien is fired up!

O'Brien has been known to get around 140 a bit so not too surprising. Pakistan have got their order right this time, Akmal down back at 5 and the most experienced batter and captain at 3.

Yep, Yousuf should definitely be at 3. Just because Akmal did so well in the first test doesn't mean that he can do just as well in any other spot. Mind you he didn't do to badly at 3 but the side just seems much better with Akmal at 5.

Get out! One of you! I want to see Umar Akmal bat!

you can hear some of those kiwi spectators talking in the crowd. By the way they're talking, they're probably on their 3rd beer already

I am looking towards a heavy margin victory as we are batting at the moment,though the pitch is much easy then what you can expect in kiwi condition but still it is a good sensible batting.
Love to see Yousaf and Misbah both scoring centuries,Hope they do so.:p

By looking at kiwi bowling,its look sad to see that no body was directed the bowl in the right direction,some of the deliverers were awesome and if they were bowled a bit more accurately,could give kiwis a breakthrough.

you can hear some of those kiwi spectators talking in the crowd. By the way they're talking, they're probably on their 3rd beer already

Yea I remember last ball of the day yesterday someone yelled out a profanity right as O'Brien went into his action

i always wondered why Vettori wears those glasses? why cant he just some eye contacts or get surgery or something?

I went to an ODI once with a mate, Eng vs. Pak, we drank beer in the hot sun all day. Woke up the next morning and wondered what had happened in the second innings and who had won the match :laugh

i always wondered why Vettori wears those glasses? why cant he just some eye contacts or get surgery or something?

I find that its harder to focus on objects when I wear contacts; because in cricket you are not normally in danger of having your glasses broken as it isn't a contact sport, there's not really any need of wearing contacts. Re surgery, he may be concerned about the possible side-effects, or potential loss of sight that can very rarely occur. Since he depends greatly on his eyes to play cricket, it would ruin his career. And normally people don't get LASIK eye surgery until they are in the late thirties or so (I think anyway).

Its Day3, session 1, and pak 124/2, they are 289 runs ahead, and in total control of the match, they would like to get min 350 lead, lets see, and that will be really tough for NZ, Pak bowlers are bowling really well...

I like the glasses look, plus he is only spinning it would be a different story if he was charging in off 30 paces

I find that its harder to focus on objects when I wear contacts; because in cricket you are not normally in danger of having your glasses broken as it isn't a contact sport, there's not really any need of wearing contacts. Re surgery, he may be concerned about the possible side-effects, or potential loss of sight that can very rarely occur. Since he depends greatly on his eyes to play cricket, it would ruin his career. And normally people don't get LASIK eye surgery until they are in the late thirties or so (I think anyway).

actually LASIK is useful after your eyesight has become stable at a certain number (usually around 20-24) and then once you get LASIK it lasts till you are 40 after which your eye sight keeps on going down and there is not much that you can do.. LASIK or otherwise.... because Vettori is already in early 30s... not much use for him.. specially as he is comfortable with glasses

Users who are viewing this thread