Patch General discussion

And are the correct players bowling?

Yep they are only had one match cause I had to milk my cows but I did notice that when they couldn't get use out they still used 8 bowlers

----------

Thats just a practise mate, now it all starts again, we are all on the same level

its clear allrounders make the test teams and others way quicker than just pure batsman

Im more concerned about changing my spot so I dont take the position of Michael clark in the test matches etc etc, i love Davey warner but i would rather replace him then clarke, hopefully warner is named at no.1 in the international sides!!

What's your psn bro

Where are the release notes? What's been fixed /changed?

This is one of those times where you sit for what feels like a lifetime exiting and re-entering the game in anticipation of that "please download update" screen. Let's go Microsoft! Hurry up

This is before the patch. even yesterday i was saved from run outs because of the dive after canceling the run.

weird, diving is/was an acknowledged bug. Are you saying it works differently when used to cancel a run than it does in completing a run?

Just finished a career innings that I had saved last night. Must say that the fielding seemed much more realistic and balanced.

My player went from 20 not out to 45 before being lbw over the space of about 10 overs. Only one return throw to the wk/bowler was a direct hit on the stumps. I played one uppish shot in the air towards long on and cringed as I expected him to run in and take a superman catch - however he ran in but didn't quite get there, having to take the ball on the first bounce.

No feedback on linking of 'get best players' as I am just downloading now in academy.

Initial feedback is well done Big Ant.

I usually press Dive button to get in after cancelling the run

Will try that. So far have avoided using dive button as batsman gets up and goes out of the crease and is easily run out.

And are the correct players bowling?

Career mode is definitely fixed, just started a new save as an opening batsman to see if it was right and it was. All the bowlers you'd expect to be bowling bowled, and batsman were the ones who scored the runs (although Ben Hilfenhaus had a nice little cameo). Maybe batting has been powered up too because the 4 innings totals were 402, 570, 8/324 dec. and 1/108. Who knows, I might start up an all-rounder career and see how it goes.

Maybe batting has been powered up too because the 4 innings totals were 402, 570, 8/324 dec. and 1/108.
Probably because the batting teams could get partnerships at the top order, rather than randomly having a pure bowler in there causing a collapse.

After playing a couple of odis after the patch, there are a couple of improvements...

1. You can see the outfielders on the boundary as field labels are clearly visible.

2. Direct hits are toned down. Now the direct hits are around 15% of the time.

Other thoughts...

1. Fielders are still supermen and you can't take singles easily by knocking the ball around.

2. Cancel run button (O) on ps3 still results in the batsman walking lazily back to the crease without trying to ground his bat.

Overall the experience is better post patch and a big thumbs up to Big Ant for putting out a patch so soon :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread