Patch General discussion

Plz can any one sort this because while the time of updating the patch on ps3 on Indian psn account my update randomly stops at 80 and i get the error message?(80710723):facepalm Iam on air with Wifi and it's connected.

Last edited:
Ok this will sound like I'm complaining but the "just go on the front foot" advice is no longer working when batting. Will the difficulty be adjusted in the patch or something because I'm still lucky if I score more than 10 in career mode and I'm kinda getting fed up (into the 3rd year of the career as well).

Patch #1

Hey Guys,

Great game. :yes
Just wondering what exactly has been patched :cheers Thanks BigAnt

Jamo

Aaarrrgggh.. Just playing a match on the crappy old version ?? two overs in and already two of the things that make me want to see how far I can frisbee the disc.

1. Hit the ball over the head of the infielder who then proceeds to turn around chase down and catch it. So annoying and I guess not fixed

2. Big swing and a miss, ball hits batter who stands waiting for next delivery bowler wanders down the pitch picks up the ball and runs batter out. Frisbee time

Regarding point 2... if you were batting in real life and you swing big but miss and this results in you standing out of your crease... if you don't go back in your crease you will be run out. That's real life.

I made it a habit to press circle every time I miss the ball or defend the ball, to make sure I'm in my crease. It's something batsmen do in real life. This has reduced stumpings drastically in the game. When I do get stumped, it's coz I press R1 and step out to a spinner.

Also, by timing my running between the wickets and by using R2 and circle, I rarely have run outs. Occasionally, I don't time my dives to get to the crease and hence I get out, but it's nothing drastic.

I'm commenting on my gameplay before the patch btw. I'm sure the patch will make things more polished.

The problem is most of the time the batter automatically grounds his bat or steps back. Thisis compounded by the fact pressing B often causes the opposite of the desired result by initiating a weird animation where the batter leaves his crease and then returns often resulting in a stumping in the period he leaves.

Regarding point 2... if you were batting in real life and you swing big but miss and this results in you standing out of your crease... if you don't go back in your crease you will be run out. That's real life.

I made it a habit to press circle every time I miss the ball or defend the ball, to make sure I'm in my crease. It's something batsmen do in real life. This has reduced stumpings drastically in the game. When I do get stumped, it's coz I press R1 and step out to a spinner.

Also, by timing my running between the wickets and by using R2 and circle, I rarely have run outs. Occasionally, I don't time my dives to get to the crease and hence I get out, but it's nothing drastic.

I'm commenting on my gameplay before the patch btw. I'm sure the patch will make things more polished.
Haven't played with the patch but sometimes pressing circle makes your batsmen amble sloely back in and you get run out when all he needed to do was put his bat in but he walks all casual with his Bat in the air and you can't stop the animation. It's almost as if it thinks you've already walked back into the crease. Hopefullt its fixed with the other run out bugs and the diving with a raised bat

Haven't played with the patch but sometimes pressing circle makes your batsmen amble sloely back in and you get run out when all he needed to do was put his bat in but he walks all casual with his Bat in the air and you can't stop the animation. It's almost as if it thinks you've already walked back into the crease. Hopefullt its fixed with the other run out bugs and the diving with a raised bat

Try timing the time you press circle. When I play, I press circle only when I'm very close to the crease and while pressing R2. If I press circle too early, the batsman does walk into the crease. However I only press circle early when I hit the ball for an easy single and I cruise in to save batsman stamina.

Please bare in mind that I'm commenting on online play. I haven't played a lot of career mode or casual matches against the AI, so my advice might not be accurate. However, if you playing online, then it will be more effective.

Could you be a bit clearer? (and perhaps a little less emotional?)

Do you have the patch?

I could, and I would if this was the bug report thread.

Old version... Xbox :(

There's nothing new to report, I was simply expressing frustration about two well known issues and the fact Microsoft is too slow.

Super fielders and weird run outs are right up the top of the reported issue list aren't they?

I see so many posts about those things.

I had thought that the Super fielders was going to be fixed in patch 1. I obviously made that up though. Hopefully patch 2.

I could, and I would if this was the bug report thread.

Old version... Xbox :(

There's nothing new to report, I was simply expressing frustration about two well known issues and the fact Microsoft is too slow.

Super fielders and weird run outs are right up the top of the reported issue list aren't they?

I see so many posts about those things.

I had thought that the Super fielders was going to be fixed in patch 1. I obviously made that up though. Hopefully patch 2.

This is the thread for patch#1 and you don't have it, respectfully perhaps wait until you do before passing comment as I thought you had it and had an issue.

Be patient for fearsome tweak sake...it'll be out when it's out son.

Users who are viewing this thread