Patch General discussion

I never really thought the fielders were that bad in the first place (yeah, the bowler could have missed a few more though), not that I could ever really get bat on ball to check this mind.

Not that I thought it was a problem personally, but some people didn't like it and I would like to say good work on the solution of putting the tag thing there.

It helps without taking away what it is trying to achieve. :thumbs

does Biggs like his brand for bats?

----------

but now he has to restart all of his careers so.. maybe not good job though bigant :clap maybe by DBC20 il be important enough for that (im hoping for DBC16,18,20,ect)

Installed the patch and here are my observations (based on what I thought would be included in the patch. Release notes haven been revealed yet):

1)Looking around the field is much easier now with the name tags

2) Fielders don't throw down the stumps that often and keeper doesn't take off the bails as often as before when the batsman is in

3) Bowlers are still super fielders and all fielders are still supermen

4) I noticed a lot of overthrows now specially when the you go for direct hits

5) There is a wierd runout bug that happened with the AI during the only match i played. Basically they just hit the ball straight to the fielder in the inner circle and run, giving away free run outs. And this was on veteran difficulty level. This is the scorecard from that match. Just see the score and the number or runouts. I expected better AI on this difficulty level so was very disappointed:

eja7u3ed.jpg

6) Also, though I didn't get any freaky runouts the nonstriker still strolls back into the crease when you press the run button and immediately cancel it (happens only occasionally though and not always), even if u have R2 pressed. I didn't get any runouts with this though in the only game I played after the patch, but that's because the fielders are not throwing thunderbolts at the stumps all the time.

Its not after patch, its always there even on Legend difficulty i was playing t20 cup final i bowled first n the AI was hitting ball straight to inner circle fielders n were ranouts alot. Yhey were like 6 for 26 n i had to simulate their innings to get a decent total to chase stillchased 60 odd runs to take the CUP, i wouldlike to say the AI is amazing except this crazy running im highly impressed with AI overall

Last edited:
Installed the patch and here are my observations (based on what I thought would be included in the patch. Release notes haven been revealed yet):

1)Looking around the field is much easier now with the name tags

2) Fielders don't throw down the stumps that often and keeper doesn't take off the bails as often as before when the batsman is in

3) Bowlers are still super fielders and all fielders are still supermen

4) I noticed a lot of overthrows now specially when the you go for direct hits

5) There is a wierd runout bug that happened with the AI during the only match i played. Basically they just hit the ball straight to the fielder in the inner circle and run, giving away free run outs. And this was on veteran difficulty level. This is the scorecard from that match. Just see the score and the number or runouts. I expected better AI on this difficulty level so was very disappointed:

eja7u3ed.jpg

6) Also, though I didn't get any freaky runouts the nonstriker still strolls back into the crease when you press the run button and immediately cancel it (happens only occasionally though and not always), even if u have R2 pressed. I didn't get any runouts with this though in the only game I played after the patch, but that's because the fielders are not throwing thunderbolts at the stumps all the time.
Well that's a let down. ..

Is there a time frame on the second patch and will we need to restart again when that patch is released? Did I buy into a beta test?

Its not after patch, its always there even on Legend difficulty i was playing t20 cup final i bowled first n the AI was hitting ball straight to inner circle fielders n were ranouts alot. Yhey were like 6 for 26 n i had to simulate their innings to get a decent total to chase stillchased 60 odd runs to take the CUP, i wouldlike to say the AIis amazing except this crazy running im highly impressed with AI overall..

Sometimes the AI go retarded but not all the time, this will be fixed in the next 2 months so i am happy.

Overall i am happy with the patch. Thanks Bigant.:thumbs

I am jut greatful that the promised patch is out before the easter break....
off-work and just started a new career..
the patch looks great and would make the game more enjoyable :):)

I think it's a good idea for Ross to post the release notes now itself before everyone starts judging the patch based on what they assumed would be included in it rather than what Bigant actually changed.

Well done on getting patch out so quickly, amazing effort.

I have an xbox so am waiting for the patch, having played PES for many years often the PSN patch would come out a couple of days before it was released on teh Xbox. Microsoft aren't as quick as Sony to get these patches out.

I think it's a good idea for Ross to post the release notes now itself before everyone starts judging the patch based on what they assumed would be included in it rather than what Bigant actually changed.

Angy : Ross said that patch notes can be given only when Xbox's patch also gets released....:)

So which is it? Half the people are saying the fielders have been toned down, the other half are saying they're still supermen.

Just goes to show how tough a job it is.

Whatever has happened it seems much more balanced now. Far fewer run outs and direct hits. Had a couple of really decent four day games. Realistic and close.

What I am still seeing is the bowling speed fluctuations. I am just trying to ignore the speedgun as I am not sure whether it is actually registering reality. A slow ball that I perceive is registered as being faster than a slower ball I perceived if you get my drift.

Anyone noticed unusual field placing by the AI?

I'm continuing with my career player. I had the game saved where I my player just got in to bat. I updated the patch and now I get 4-5 players in the slip. Which I have never seen before. I have hit 3 4's in a row because of the huge gaps in the field and AI has not changed its field placing yet. Before the patch AI would plug any holes in the field pretty quickly.

Last edited:

I can take the heat from the minority that can't read and don't get it.

I can take the heat from the minority that can't read and don't get it.

Classy. Have a dig at your customers who spent $80 on your product and are just eager to get it working well and to get info rather than have to listen to conjecture....

Users who are viewing this thread