Patch General discussion

Installed the patch and here are my observations (based on what I thought would be included in the patch. Release notes haven been revealed yet):

1)Looking around the field is much easier now with the name tags

2) Fielders don't throw down the stumps that often and keeper doesn't take off the bails as often as before when the batsman is in

3) Bowlers are still super fielders and all fielders are still supermen

4) I noticed a lot of overthrows now specially when the you go for direct hits

5) There is a wierd runout bug that happened with the AI during the only match i played. Basically they just hit the ball straight to the fielder in the inner circle and run, giving away free run outs. And this was on veteran difficulty level. This is the scorecard from that match. Just see the score and the number or runouts. I expected better AI on this difficulty level so was very disappointed:

eja7u3ed.jpg

6) Also, though I didn't get any freaky runouts the nonstriker still strolls back into the crease when you press the run button and immediately cancel it (happens only occasionally though and not always), even if u have R2 pressed. I didn't get any runouts with this though in the only game I played after the patch, but that's because the fielders are not throwing thunderbolts at the stumps all the time.

Last edited:
Installed the patch and here are my observations (based on what I thought would be included in the patch. Release notes haven been revealed yet):

1)Looking around the field is much easier now with the name tags

2) Fielders don't throw down the stumps that often and keeper doesn't take off the bails as often as before when the batsman is in

3) Bowlers are still super fielders and all fielders are still supermen

4) I noticed a lot of overthrows now specially when the you go for direct hits

5) There is a wierd runout bug that happened with the AI during the only match i played. Basically they just hit the ball straight to the fielder in the inner circle and run, giving away free run outs. And this was on veteran difficulty level. This is the scorecard from that match. Just see the score and the number or runouts. I expected better AI on this difficulty level so was very disappointed:

6) Also, though I didn't get any freaky runouts the nonstriker still strolls back into the crease when you press the run button and immediately cancel it (happens only occasionally though and not always), even if u have R2 pressed. I didn't get any runouts with this though in the only game I played after the patch, but that's because the fielders are not throwing thunderbolts at the stumps all the time.

AI hasn't changed for running between wickets as far as I know. I'll investigate.

are the AI at least setting better fields?

We didn't change this for this patch as we didn't want to risk such a major change. I understand people think it broken but we could make it even more so. I promise patch#2 will have far better fields on a contextual basis.

AI hasn't changed for running between wickets as far as I know. I'll investigate.

Ok. I should point out though that this was my very first match on veteran mode ever. And I was using custom fields.

However I have used the same fields before also on Pro Difficulty level and the Ai has never had so many runouts. Give me some more time though. ...will play more matches on both veteran and pro levels to see if this was just a one time occurrence. It was really astonishing (though I didn't really mind getting all those free wickets :p) to see the top order throw away their wickets like this through runouts. And they weren't even close. ...they were out by a mile. I noticed that the Ai was running slower as well when taking runs (so was my batsman for some reason).

The AI did get an excellent partnership going with Johnson and Hodge (it was through some really really sensible batting. I really enjoyed that partnership). I wish the Ai played consistently like that on the veteran level (or maybe I am just judging it too soon)

When the bowler is bowling really quick, I stay on the backfoot. Facing medium pacer my weight is on front foot. It is working but I would love to just be able to play without premeditating. I don't know if it will be/can be done, but that will the day I will really enjoy playing this game.

Just now updated with the patch. Restarted my whole career but the issue still persists with the bowler taking the bails off.

Thnks Ross!

I just downloaded it. Its working like a charm.

Also, I can see some noticeable changes in AI fielding. They are chasing the ball now but at a normal speed and they give up when the distance bw ball and fielder increases which was not happening earlier.

Last edited:
How does the new patch work?
IS it like the name list which downloaded itself or is there in other way to get this patch?
Kindly answer....sorry if already asked

So which is it? Half the people are saying the fielders have been toned down, the other half are saying they're still supermen.

Just goes to show how tough a job it is.

Users who are viewing this thread