Patch General discussion

This patch was to make some immediate changes as fast as possible to address the major concerns people have had. Some things will still remain but not the big issues with run-outs etc.

We have been conservative in what has been fixed/tweeked to make sure we don't break the game - there has not been a great deal of time to code/test between release and submission.

I'll listen to what you guys think over the next week or so and then we will start looking at inclusions for patch#2.

Thanks for your patience.

@BigAntStudios

You guys have my respect, that you guys listen to the community and that you guys really are involved in your game and sorting out problems

You most def has me as a supporter, great game, loving it

1. Fielders are still supermen and you can't take singles easily by knocking the ball around.

2. Cancel run button (O) on ps3 still results in the batsman walking lazily back to the crease without trying to ground his bat.

Overall the experience is better post patch and a big thumbs up to Big Ant for putting out a patch so soon :thumbs

I thought those 2 were essentially the two things that were getting fixed ... along with the one addition of fielder labels.

In my personal opinion, only had one issue with the dive, when I went too far from the crease and yes, batsman got up and was no longer over the crease when the stumps got taken down. Ever since, I've made sure I'm at least close enough to have most of the bat and even batsmans head over the line that ensures something is still over the line when he gets up.

Pre-patch, never had a huge problem getting singles to any corner of the ground, as long as you were finding a bit of a gap, sprinting the first quarter of the single and being careful for the last part. A few times I managed total 'walk' singles as well.

Cancel run and walk back to crease is only an issue if you're really close to the crease.. probably an issue with when certain animations can be run for the batsman running depending on distance from the crease (so you don't have a batsman sprinting when already over the line).

Big Ant, you guys are my heroes! Thank you so much for creating this game and for the wonderful service afterwards.

Reading our comments, taking into account, and then actioning on them to make our experience better, is just amazing.

Thank you for releasing the patch so quickly and keep up the good work. I've had some amazing online experiences since the game has been released.

You guys set the example that other game developers should follow. :):thumbs

This patch was to make some immediate changes as fast as possible to address the major concerns people have had. Some things will still remain but not the big issues with run-outs etc.

We have been conservative in what has been fixed/tweeked to make sure we don't break the game - there has not been a great deal of time to code/test between release and submission.

I'll listen to what you guys think over the next week or so and then we will start looking at inclusions for patch#2.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Ross. Apart from the runout bug, the only major issue for me which could potentially ruin the test match experience in the game is the issue of bowler fatigue and loss of speed. If that gets fixed, I would without doubt rate this as my most satisfying sports game experience ever.

I must say though, i will miss having the likes of Cosgrove, Phil Hughes etc sending me down pies in career mode...

Aaarrrgggh.. Just playing a match on the crappy old version ?? two overs in and already two of the things that make me want to see how far I can frisbee the disc.

1. Hit the ball over the head of the infielder who then proceeds to turn around chase down and catch it. So annoying and I guess not fixed

2. Big swing and a miss, ball hits batter who stands waiting for next delivery bowler wanders down the pitch picks up the ball and runs batter out. Frisbee time

Aaarrrgggh.. Just playing a match on the crappy old version ?? two overs in and already two of the things that make me want to see how far I can frisbee the disc.

1. Hit the ball over the head of the infielder who then proceeds to turn around chase down and catch it. So annoying and I guess not fixed

2. Big swing and a miss, ball hits batter who stands waiting for next delivery bowler wanders down the pitch picks up the ball and runs batter out. Frisbee time

Could you be a bit clearer? (and perhaps a little less emotional?)

Do you have the patch?

Users who are viewing this thread