Patch General discussion

How do you normally get patches? (Or post on here? If it is by phone the hotspot may be an answer.)

Ross, i feel sad that your team has been working to on a holiday to get the patch up only for Microsoft to mess things up. I don't expect it to go live before Monday. Looks like there is definitely favoritism towards big studios. If it were a patch for GTA or FIFA there would be no such delays with the rollout. Also, which division of the xbox team handles the rollouts. Is it the regional offices in AU,UK and India or the ones in the US.

I have done it manually before with games like Fifa, downloading off the internet. Unfortunately my network provider cuts off my internet whenever I try to tether or use my phone as a hotspot.

If I could get my Xbox online do you think I would be mentioning this. I dont have the internet at home, so what if it makes me a godless heathen bastard.

You don't know a single person with the Internet?

Why would your network provider cut you off? How do they even know?

At any rate whether I am correct or ignorant, if you can't find a way to connect it you ain't getting it.

Installed the patch and here are my observations (based on what I thought would be included in the patch. Release notes haven been revealed yet):

1)Looking around the field is much easier now with the name tags

2) Fielders don't throw down the stumps that often and keeper doesn't take off the bails as often as before when the batsman is in

3) Bowlers are still super fielders and all fielders are still supermen

4) I noticed a lot of overthrows now specially when the you go for direct hits

5) There is a wierd runout bug that happened with the AI during the only match i played. Basically they just hit the ball straight to the fielder in the inner circle and run, giving away free run outs. And this was on veteran difficulty level. This is the scorecard from that match. Just see the score and the number or runouts. I expected better AI on this difficulty level so was very disappointed:

eja7u3ed.jpg

6) Also, though I didn't get any freaky runouts the nonstriker still strolls back into the crease when you press the run button and immediately cancel it (happens only occasionally though and not always), even if u have R2 pressed. I didn't get any runouts with this though in the only game I played after the patch, but that's because the fielders are not throwing thunderbolts at the stumps all the time.

Happened to me too during test matches, basically I think in order to avoid giving away a maiden over the AI desperately wants to run for a single. Angad, can you confirm if that was the case when you bowled, was it going to be a maiden over? or maybe 4-5 dot balls?

I got the AI to score 4 maidens in a row vs me today, they go crazy and runouts(3) and big shots all over the place in a test match. I had them 5 for 5 but they do improve with a bit of luck and made 116.

You don't know a single person with the Internet?

Why would your network provider cut you off? How do they even know?

At any rate whether I am correct or ignorant, if you can't find a way to connect it you ain't getting it.

They provide unlimited mobile data which somehow detects when your tethering. Its only the last few months they have been able to do this. I know people with the internet but I dont fancy lugging my xbox around town.

Also your statement about not getting it if i cant connect is waaaaaayy off the mark. I know where I can get it once available, and I know how to apply it to my console. Just like how I managed to get real teams offline. Its just a shame their isnt a more legit way of doing it

The problem is that those who legitimately can't access the internet on their consoles are far outnumbered by those who are using illegal copies and can't connect because of that.

On that basis, things like sharing teams or patches outside the normal methods isn't something that is allowed to be discussed on this site, and the 'find a way to get on the internet' is the only answer people are able to give.

The problem is that those who legitimately can't access the internet on their consoles are far outnumbered by those who are using illegal copies and can't connect because of that.

On that basis, things like sharing teams or patches outside the normal methods isn't something that is allowed to be discussed on this site, and the 'find a way to get on the internet' is the only answer people are able to give.

I don't know about the PS3 but 360s are easy to mod and still remain on xbox live.

They provide unlimited mobile data which somehow detects when your tethering. Its only the last few months they have been able to do this. I know people with the internet but I dont fancy lugging my xbox around town.

Also your statement about not getting it if i cant connect is waaaaaayy off the mark. I know where I can get it once available, and I know how to apply it to my console. Just like how I managed to get real teams offline. Its just a shame their isnt a more legit way of doing it

If you already have some dodgy way of applying it to your modded (edit: or otherwise) xbox then why bother asking?

Very strange.

Last edited:
I find the ignorance of many people on this forum quite astounding...Im also from SA and many people dont understand that in this day and age it can still be an issue to have a dedicated and affordable internet connection.

I feel your pain though, luckily for me I don't live in an obscure small town where it can definitely be an issue to get online....flip, lack of running water isnt even that far fetched in many places here.

Its an issue to get telkom to activate my line to even start receiving adsl. My landlord won't help, doesn't even understand why I would want uncapped internet.

If its only a few megs, ill get the vodacom dongle and get some pay per meg internet. I still resent it though. What a schlep to fix some runouts.

Lol wait until Microsoft make all their games exclusively accessible only via the XBL marketplace, then it should be all kinds of fun trying to download games that are 40GB+,talk about abusing your average joe customer.

does anyone know if the patch addresses the stupid run-out-at-non-strikers-end-problem? ie. you call for a run but, because of the weird camera angle, you don't see the fielder until its too late...so you cancel the run...the fielder throws it to the bowler at the non-strikers end....and there you are, casually STROLLING back without a care in the world only to be run out. didn't bother me initially, but its happened about 7 times now so a tad bit annoying. And there's nothing you can do to get back in quicker.

Happened to me too during test matches, basically I think in order to avoid giving away a maiden over the AI desperately wants to run for a single. Angad, can you confirm if that was the case when you bowled, was it going to be a maiden over? or maybe 4-5 dot balls?

Maybe.....dont remember now :p

does anyone know if the patch addresses the stupid run-out-at-non-strikers-end-problem? ie. you call for a run but, because of the weird camera angle, you don't see the fielder until its too late...so you cancel the run...the fielder throws it to the bowler at the non-strikers end....and there you are, casually STROLLING back without a care in the world only to be run out. didn't bother me initially, but its happened about 7 times now so a tad bit annoying. And there's nothing you can do to get back in quicker.

Dunno but I was 157 not out in an ODI after 44 overs and I played a shot to silly mid off, my player got stuck doing that back and forth shuffle on the crease and I got stumped, not happy but it seems much better in general after the patch.

Users who are viewing this thread