Patch General discussion

Here's a gameplay video I made after patch 1. Best match ever! Still noticed a few issues but nothing too annoying.

Nice video! Here are a few comments & queries...

1. How did you take the catch at 6:13? Did you press up on right stick or in some other direction (say down and left?) as I'm still not able to take those type of diving catches.

2. AI batsmen were taking too many risky singles after hitting to mid on & mid off. I recall @angad saying the same thing. They are just gifting wkts by going for suicidal runs and this is a big concern. AI bat loosely as it is without adding braindead running to the mix. @BigAntStudios, would be great if you can address it for 2nd patch.

3. How did you bring up the controls/manual at 14:24? Is there a shortcut button on PS3 to do so?

4. Can you put up a video about spin bowling? I barely get more than 400 rpms while bowling spin while most of the time I'm stuck around 200-300 rpm. Also, all my deliveries have a similar pace. Any idea how you can vary the pace? I tried bowling top spinners, doosras and sliders but I wasn't able to see much of a difference and I suspect it's a function of rpm, i.e. more rpm you get, faster your top spinner or slider. Any tips & help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you already have some dodgy way of applying it to your modded (edit: or otherwise) xbox then why bother asking?

Very strange.

Ah yes so because Im not online and I'm doing it some 'dodgy' way my console must be modded. The Console Modding Fairy must have visited me in the night. There is no way I could have used bit of common sense and a google search.

I think we just need to drop the discussion on why somebody can or cannot connect to the internet. As Matt has made clear no sharing of files will be allowed here or discussion on how to go about it.

Ah yes so because Im not online and I'm doing it some 'dodgy' way my console must be modded. The Console Modding Fairy must have visited me in the night. There is no way I could have used bit of common sense and a google search.

I also find it irritating that everybody assumes that everybody must have a decent internet connection or else they must have modded their console.

By the way, let somebody refer to any law which says that modding a system is illegal/criminal and I will salute you.

P.S. Not trying to endorse piracy of games or such, but simply modifying hardware is not illegal. It may void warranties or contractual obligations, but nothing more than that.

Last edited:
I think we just need to drop the discussion on why somebody can or cannot connect to the internet. As Matt has made clear no sharing of files will be allowed here or discussion on how to go about it.

The reason I brought it up in the first place is because I wondered if there would be a legit release of the patch for offline users

I don't know about the PS3 but 360s are easy to mod and still remain on xbox live.

Folks mad PS3s as well. You must have seen some ads on kijiji or ebay where folks mention selling PS3s with some old firmware version (say 3.55). That's a hacked/modded console which allows you to download copies of the game.

I also find it irritating that everybody assumes that everybody must have a decent internet connection or else they must have modded their console.

By the way, let somebody refer to any law which says that modding a system is illegal/criminal and I will salute you.

P.S. Not trying to endorse piracy of games or such, but simply modifying hardware is not illegal. It may void warranties or contractual obligations, but nothing more than that.

Modding hardware isn't but purchasing & playing pirated games/software is. Unfortunately it's not easy to tell over the internet and as Matt has already mentioned even if you are one of the few who isn't pirating there's a vast majority out there which does.

First of all the edit has been there since 2 minutes after I posted and is included in your quote, someone so well versed in reading should have picked that up.

Secondly was it not you who was crying about not being able to patch easily? Or am I mistaking you for someone else?

If its soooooo easy to update the way your bit of common sense has discovered then there isnt a problem is there?

1) I also find it irritating that everybody assumes that everybody must have a decent internet connection or else they must have modded their console.

2) By the way, let somebody refer to any law which says that modding a system is illegal/criminal and I will salute you.

3) P.S. Not trying to endorse piracy of games or such, but simply modifying hardware is not illegal. It may void warranties or contractual obligations, but nothing more than that.

1) You dont need a decent internet connection to download 7mb you need a 14.4 modem.

2) Stupid argument, the no.1 reason, by several orders of magnitude, to modify a console is to pirate games. Dont try and sell me on homebrew games because Im not buying.

3) see 2. It also will result in a permanent ban from xbox live (if detected) and should result in the same from here.

The reason I brought it up in the first place is because I wondered if there would be a legit release of the patch for offline users

I think Ross has already made it clear that won't be the case and the reason is if he releases an offline patch, what's to sop pirates from getting it?

Repeating this as a last warning.

An infraction for ignoring moderator instructions will follow for anyone continuing the discussion.

How can a patch be out for 1 country and not another. Must be a gee up

Because xbox live & psn are different for different regions, with different servers and different policies.

Xbox patch available in uk :yes

I sincerely hope you're joking. I have been waiting here (aus) for ages. And if only one country has access to this patch and not any others then I will quite possibly lose my cool

Users who are viewing this thread