Patch General discussion

4. Can you put up a video about spin bowling? I barely get more than 400 rpms while bowling spin while most of the time I'm stuck around 200-300 rpm. Also, all my deliveries have a similar pace. Any idea how you can vary the pace? I tried bowling top spinners, doosras and sliders but I wasn't able to see much of a difference and I suspect it's a function of rpm, i.e. more rpm you get, faster your top spinner or slider. Any tips & help would be much appreciated.

I am getting 800-1000 rpm with my career player who is nearing the end of first year. You can have bowling assistance in pro to try it out, would need to complete full rotation of left stick three times so that the meter on the top comes within the green zone & it should be in synch with the pitching(right stick) timings as well.

More I am bowling in correct timezones, I am finding hard to get wickets or I feel so good to take those inside-edge bowled/WK catches. My recent OD performances have been like 1/22 or 0/18 and so on. I try drift/leg-break/slider with odd top spin/googly & there were many occasions where AI is picking up my sliders to the boundaries. My wicket taking delivery(majorly) is top spin until now.

Even within the same country you could be connecting to different servers, some with the patch and some without.

Signing out and in again will force a recheck for the patch.

I must say the patch has worked great for career mode and field placement viewing, but superhuman fielding is for me the difference between a good and a great game. It has to be the number one priority for patch no. 2.

All aspects of fielding need to be toned down a lot. Wicketkeepers taking everything down legside, also taking catches off big edges from a spinner, which could never happen.
Fielders run way too fast, take outrageous catches too often. They throw with amazing accuracy a split second after collecting the ball.
Worst of all bowlers in their follow through suddenly dive metres across the strip to stop balls.

I have played quite a few T20 games on pro and both teams. score around 90. If the fielding was realistic I'm sure you could add around 70 to each innings.

Even within the same country you could be connecting to different servers, some with the patch and some without.

have you got it yet matt?

Ah, I thought you just had to dashboard and relaunch the game. It's working now, I turned the console off and on again. Let's give this a go then :)

I must say the patch has worked great for career mode and field placement viewing, but superhuman fielding is for me the difference between a good and a great game. It has to be the number one priority for patch no. 2.

All aspects of fielding need to be toned down a lot. Wicketkeepers taking everything down legside, also taking catches off big edges from a spinner, which could never happen.
Fielders run way too fast, take outrageous catches too often. They throw with amazing accuracy a split second after collecting the ball.
Worst of all bowlers in their follow through suddenly dive metres across the strip to stop balls.

I have played quite a few T20 games on pro and both teams. score around 90. If the fielding was realistic I'm sure you could add around 70 to each innings.

Probably a fair quote. Patch has been awesome but I agree with the fielding statements, still annoying glancing down leg side and having fielder fly in and take a 1 handed screamer when the ball should be no where near them. straight drives are nigh impossible unless you go over the top.

I've just got patch in the UK too. Only 3mb weirdly though. Have got field labels and fielding toned down a bit etc. Although in a quick 5 over game. Keeper still took the bails off for no reason a couple if times, and a direct hit ran me out from a throw outside the circle. Seems much more balanced though.

So I've been asked to download another 3mb patch after the original gameday patch. Is this the one?

i guess uk get patch first because they got the game last thats fair then

Mmmm only 3mb.... smell a rat?

Users who are viewing this thread