Patch General discussion

I really thought this was a joke, but myself and some friends played a 4 team 1 round league with finals last night and every single toss was indeed won by team 1.

Which surprised everyone when I remembered this post and tried to make money off my friends by betting on the coin toss. :p

Will check it out... reminds me of when I was a kid betting biscuits on the Sesame Street number and letter of the day :)

Two times in the Big Bash alone I've been stumped/run out because short leg runs in and blocks me from getting back into my crease... My player turns around and just runs instead of grounding his bat.

A couple of games in and Id say its a pretty good start thanks guys.

The throwing is much more realistic now. I had though you would just make it inaccurate but you seem to have given them some logic. Throw to the keeper/player over the stumps via a high arc if no pressure, or attempt at stumps if run out is available. They are still super accurate from inside the circle when they have a good view .. and thats great, they should be.

They do still whip the bails off constantly for no apparent reason. Particularly the bowler. I could be convinced this is reduced, though not by much

The fielder tags. Do the job. Not bad for a quick fix. I cant help feeling theres a more elegant solution though. I think that if it panned up to an overhead camera for the same amount of maximum time as the look around currently it would both look better and offer more feedback. (there is no issue with realism as its not generally possible to play cricket with a view 3 metres behind your head.)

The field placements are kind of broken now though. Theres never a good time to have 5 slips in for the opening bowler in a t20. No comment on longer formats as I havent played. It doesnt ruin it but it does make it a bit silly.

Defnitely improvement overall I think. The only thing that imo cant wait a couple of months for a patch is the field placements. I dont know if you can revise your schedule and make another small interim patch with that and whatever else is read in a couple of weeks time.

Although overhead cam pan is a great suggestion, I actually like the current fielder position label over their head.

At a quick glance I can see there is mid-on and deep mid wicket etc. and spot the gaps very easily without a jarring break or change in camera angle.

I think what has been implement IMO is perfect. Previously it was ridiculous as I didn't know who was where but this simple fix is very good.

Although overhead cam pan is a great suggestion, I actually like the current fielder position label over their head.

At a quick glance I can see there is mid-on and deep mid wicket etc. and spot the gaps very easily without a jarring break or change in camera angle.

I think what has been implement IMO is perfect. Previously it was ridiculous as I didn't know who was where but this simple fix is very good.

Yeah it does the trick for sure. If they never add anything else to that aspect its ok. Just talking ideal world. I dont think a pan to overhead would be anymore jarring that the switch to 1st person though.

Yeah it does the trick for sure. If they never add anything else to that aspect its ok. Just talking ideal world. I dont think a pan to overhead would be anymore jarring that the switch to 1st person though.

No I meant jarring as in some other implementation other than what you were suggesting. A graceful pan to overhead view is good

We're already a couple of weeks into the two months, unless something very gamebreaking is found then it will come at the same time as the PC version.

The next patch will have a lot in it and will need a great deal of testing.

Comments/issues post Patch#1 :

1. running back to the crease on a cancelled run needs to be addressed ASAP in career mode (ie. run, cancel, your player will jog back to the crease only to be runout)
2. We really need to do something about the camera angle on running between wickets - the current method of looking at the batsman doesn't work and leads to runouts (refer #1 above...biggest cause of this). This perhaps needs to be changed to be from above you AT the direction the ball is travelling.
3. There needs to be some sort of identifier to show you the optimal time to release/spin the LAS with spinners as there is currently NO way of knowing how close you are to optimum ie. to get maximum revs on the ball. The practice match doesn't help.
4. When you get to the crease, you should be ADVISED about what type of bowler you're facing - I don't think you get that currently eg. facing a wrist/leftarm orth/finger spinner makes you think differently when batting purely because of the type of stock ball they bowl. I shouldn't have to guess it from the bowlers' name.
5. As a bowler, am I able to be advised of when my field suddenly gets changed? I'm assuming this is some sort of 'captain override' but I'm bowling to the field I preset, only for the batsman to hit it straight to Long On ... into open space, because the fielder got moved!
6. My first post patch career was as a batsman for the Bulls...at No 5. however, I got picked to bowl legspin!! wtf. I know all my other careers (which I had deleted) was as a batting allrounder bowling legspin, but not this career so I was a little surprised to be thrown the ball to bowl legspin!

Otherwise, am enjoying the updated game.

Last edited:
Two times in the Big Bash alone I've been stumped/run out because short leg runs in and blocks me from getting back into my crease... My player turns around and just runs instead of grounding his bat.

Your site's down btw

quick question regarding the patch...did you guys tweak with Usman Khawaja's stats? pre patch he and Lynn were the only shining lights in the Bulls' batting lineup...now its as if his b@lls have been cut off (joke!) ie. his scores have decreased significantly. Maybe its just me, I dunno...but the Qld Bulls in career mode are practically useless. all my career games are with them (and I started 5 prepatch, 1 post patch), and we've coughed up 400+ runs in every 4 day game to date and been bowled for 250 odd vs scoring 400 ourselves (with Khawaja leading the scoring).

My poor beloved Bulls....:facepalm

*edit* I noticed that the NSW Blues don't have any test stars in it ie. Clarke, Haddin, Smith, Warner, etc. I'm assuming this is reflecting the fact that there are int'l games on at the same time...do these guys ever come back to the state side in career mode?

We have not altered any stats/attributes of any players/teams.

Career modes that have been started prior to the patch have no alteration at all to the teams.

Career modes that are started post patch will have normalised stats/attributes and will adhere to the set roles.

And the Get Best NSW Blues team doesn't have many of the international players in the Shield and One Day sides by default because they don't play that often...it's the same with all the other state sides.

Again, they can be edited to your hearts content..

4. When you get to the crease, you should be ADVISED about what type of bowler you're facing - I don't think you get that currently eg. facing a wrist/leftarm orth/finger spinner makes you think differently when batting purely because of the type of stock ball they bowl. I shouldn't have to guess it from the bowlers' name.

R3 will do that for you.

Users who are viewing this thread