Patch General discussion

Sorry, but what are the other main bugs online? Other than the bumped balls being given caught out and folks being dismissed off free hits, is there any other online gameplay bug?

- Batsman has been given out bowled when the ball hits his body (this has happened more than once).
- Bowler sometimes skips backwards during his runup but still delivers the ball from the correct spot, which makes it impossible for the batsman to judge.

It doesn't break yourcareer. You can continue, it's just you won't receive the fixesd related exclusively to career mode unless you restart

What kind of fixes exclusive for career mode? I have played for a long time and my player has devloped a lot, hence i don't want to restart the career... Can anyone please confirm on that part?

For a start the bowlers are fixed, so it's actually bowlers rather than batsmen who bowl.

As a second, the constant Lancashire 50/5 mess seems to have been sorted from what friends are telling me!

This is not an issue. Or a bug, or a problem it's meant to be there and was never going to be changed. You also do not need to put it in multiple threads

I'd assume he's referring more to the fact that the AI is putting in as many slips in as possible and then bouncing him, which isn't really logical. Especially in T20.

I hate to keep banging the same drum but I having played the game all day to see if I could replicate my earlier findings it seems that close fielders, e.g. mid-on or first slip running behind the keeper, who gather then thrown backhanded at the stumps appear to not have been affected by the current patch. Out of 17 instances (of trying to run myself out - batsmen had crossed) they hit the stumps 14 times. However, the few times when I wasn't trying to run myself out and pressed run then cancel immediately they didn't hit the stumps once out of around 4/5 instances. It seems they obtain their super powers when they 'know' a runout is there for the taking, i.e. batsmen have crossed?

Anyone else noticed this?

Is there anything really wrong with this though? If you call a ridiculous run then you deserve to get run out I think.
After falling foul of the runout "bug" and " superhuman" fielders quite a few times in the couple of days after release it didn't take me long to work out how to avoid them. I've been runout only three times since then, both pre and post patch in hundreds of overs of batting. For me it's always been bit of a non issue.

I'd assume he's referring more to the fact that the AI is putting in as many slips in as possible and then bouncing him, which isn't really logical. Especially in T20.

I'm not disputing that, I'm just referring to the red circle around the ball query.
EDIT: I think I know what you mean now
:facepalm

Last edited:
Is there anything really wrong with this though? If you call a ridiculous run then you deserve to get run out I think.
After falling foul of the runout "bug" and " superhuman" fielders quite a few times in the couple of days after release it didn't take me long to work out how to avoid them. I've been runout only three times since then, both pre and post patch in hundreds of overs of batting. For me it's always been bit of a non issue.

But it shouldn't increase the chances of a direct hit is the point I'm making. Yes, there are higher risks, but taking those risks has no direct impact upon the accuracy of the throw, merely the number of times you'll be exposed to potential run outs. Fielder accuracy should be the same regardless of the whether the batsmen have taken a suicidal run or not.

You're correct, an option to turn off the ring in the field will be added, but I think it was clear that it would be in a later patch, not this one.

I was talking about for this patch.
And that is quite a departure from bigants original stance on it. I remember when a few people queried it in early videos and they said they felt it was needed to pick up the ball properly in the field.

But it shouldn't increase the chances of a direct hit is the point I'm making. Yes, there are higher risks, but taking those risks has no direct impact upon the accuracy of the throw, merely the number of times you'll be exposed to potential run outs. Fielder accuracy should be the same regardless of the whether the batsmen have taken a suicidal run or not.

The direct hits are very, very toned down in patch#1 but they can still happen (as they should), you might have been very unlucky. Of course the further out you are the more time and therefore precision a fielder has.

I was talking about for this patch.

I was talking about the 'not an issue', 'not a bug or a problem', 'it's meant to be there' and 'never going to be changed' bits :p Agree with everything else you said though ;)

But yeah, was never going to be in this patch, and far more important things to concentrate on.

Users who are viewing this thread