Patch General discussion

Any reason for this anyone. I was on my career mode not signed in on Xbox Live, then I saved and quit half through the game. I went back on the game and was signed in on Xbox Live, did the update and then all of a sudden when I go on my career, it won't load up that game it just goes to the background screen and nothing comes up. Any way to solve this because I was quite a bit into my career playing for country?

I was talking about for this patch.
And that is quite a departure from bigants original stance on it. I remember when a few people queried it in early videos and they said they felt it was needed to pick up the ball properly in the field.

Yeah, we did change our minds and will allow for an option.

I hate to keep banging the same drum but I having played the game all day to see if I could replicate my earlier findings it seems that close fielders, e.g. mid-on or first slip running behind the keeper, who gather then thrown backhanded at the stumps appear to not have been affected by the current patch. Out of 17 instances (of trying to run myself out - batsmen had crossed) they hit the stumps 14 times. However, the few times when I wasn't trying to run myself out and pressed run then cancel immediately they didn't hit the stumps once out of around 4/5 instances. It seems they obtain their super powers when they 'know' a runout is there for the taking, i.e. batsmen have crossed?

Anyone else noticed this?

Perhaps what is really happening is that if you don't run/cancel a run, they're not throwing at the stumps, rather than being less accurate.

I've noticed direct hits are far less common at a distance/angle - when they're close and have all three stumps to aim at, they're still hitting a lot. That's of course what should happen, though it may be the case that the chances are still too high.

I was talking about the 'not an issue', 'not a bug or a problem', 'it's meant to be there' and 'never going to be changed' bits :p Agree with everything else you said though ;)

But yeah, was never going to be in this patch, and far more important things to concentrate on.

I still haven't woken up properly yet. I'm not being as succinct as I'd like :p

I still haven't woken up properly yet. I'm not being as succinct as I'd like :p

Where are my patch notes? Give me some hidden gems

I haven't really woken up either... wondered when the first request for patch notes would come through :)

I'll get them out today, you could play the game and tell me what you think they are (not many, this was a rush job to fix the most accessible and biggest items of complaint) :)

In my career, dan Christian still opens the bowling for the bushrangers.

This surely is not correct?

Your career will proceed as it did prior to the patch.

To have players in their "correct" roles you need to restart the career.

In future patches we will be trying to make sure Career mode does not need to be restarted.

I restarted a career with patch and Dan Christian opens bowling. I figure this could be down to the stats he has? - using get best.

Interestingly I got 4/38 in the first innings but wasn't brought onto bowl until the 50th over of the second innings. I'm not raising it as an official issue though as I've only played one career match and I did bat for a bit down the order so it may be related to fatigue.

I restarted a career with patch and Dan Christian opens bowling. I figure this could be down to the stats he has? - using get best.

Interestingly I got 4/38 in the first innings but wasn't brought onto bowl until the 50th over of the second innings. I'm not raising it as an official issue though as I've only played one career match and I did bat for a bit down the order so it may be related to fatigue.

Better than someone like Rob Quiney opening the bowling.

I'm finding the keeper and bowler still knocking down the stumps a lot with ball in hand while the batsman are well and truly behind the crease. Couldn't remember if this was being addressed or not in P1.

2) team 1 in casual mode 99.999% time wins the toss

I really thought this was a joke, but myself and some friends played a 4 team 1 round league with finals last night and every single toss was indeed won by team 1.

Which surprised everyone when I remembered this post and tried to make money off my friends by betting on the coin toss. :p

It will be down to whatever was in the get best whenever you got it.

You can always replace any team you like, get the best again, or make changes yourself as you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread