Patch General discussion

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
@BigAntStudios I have signed you up for a session of religious studies with CaptainOz.....baby Jesus would be more Christmas, Ross. At Easter he was a bit more grown up.....

I guess next weekend you'll be having some fantasy fun with the grown Jesus, which should be nice and erotic for you. You should also invite Muhammad along for a three-way - it'll be a blast, literally. ;)

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
@BigAntStudios, @MattW

2. Is the bowler fielding off his bowling toned down in the patch? Currently I don't play the straight drive as it results in a miraculous caught & bowled or the bowler stops everything - even a well timed drive either side of him.

Patch sounds amazing, well done big ant. MattW, would also love to know if bowler fields like a superhero off his own bowling in the patched version or is that now more realistic.

wildfire

School Cricketer
Patch sounds really good. :clap Just came across a new problem last night though, I got Stumped and my Batsman's left foot was clearly behind the line when the bails were taken off, but he was given out, Rather annoying when I was doing well. :(

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Patch sounds really good. :clap Just came across a new problem last night though, I got Stumped and my Batsman's left foot was clearly behind the line when the bails were taken off, but he was given out, Rather annoying when I was doing well. :(

That's part of game. It happens even in real life so just imagine and thank god for how realistic this game is :clap

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
1. Will we need to download the 'Get Best' teams again after applying the patch or the patch will work without updating the already downloaded teams?
No, you won't need to download teams again.

2. Is the bowler fielding off his bowling toned down in the patch? Currently I don't play the straight drive as it results in a miraculous caught & bowled or the bowler stops everything - even a well timed drive either side of him.
I didn't see any crazy stops, but that's not to say they weren't there and it just didn't happen while I was bowling. All fielding seemed to be toned down - it was most noticeable with the lack of direct hits and the occasional resulting overthrow, but I didn't see enough fielding to know.

One thing I did notice - if you field the ball as a bowler in the current version, tap the button to throw it at the stumps, you always hit - I tried that on the patch and I threw it for four.

Matt or Ross, what about the bowling on the legside issue?
I hadn't really noticed this without the patch.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
You will need to restart the career to have the new normalisation and "get best" teams to adhere to their given roles.

Sorry, just a bit confused... Does that mean that the patch, whenever it comes, won't apply retroactively to any started career? As in, any NEW games we play will still contain the same fielding problems after the patch? If so, I think I'll quit while I'm miles behind, haha... I wouldn't mind a fresh start either way.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Sorry, just a bit confused... Does that mean that the patch, whenever it comes, won't apply retroactively to any started career? As in, any NEW games we play will still contain the same fielding problems after the patch? If so, I think I'll quit while I'm miles behind, haha... I wouldn't mind a fresh start either way.
No, the fielding stuff is fixed regardless, as that's a general game fix.

The normalisation Ross mentions is the fact that the player skills will now be made by normalising the ratings given to the players by the creators, rather than the fixed skills based on position in the team line up that caused the weird results.

You'll only need to restart if the players being the wrong names for their roles and the resulting odd batting orders and occasional weird result matters to you.

I'll be continuing my career because I'll be starting again anyway once it's on PC, so I'd like to complete or at least get vaguely near completion on my career on the Xbox before then, and doubt I'd make it if I started again at that point.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well I am not too far with my career so I will gladly restart as a WK batsman. I have a question for ross matt are fielders also toned down in patch or this will be addressed in later versions, I am talking about catching and moving with super human speed.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I'd say the fielders have been toned down.

MattW if you look at your shot wheel you will see the AI slip down legside to much, sure not every over but it's there. Only for fast men not spin as that is perfect.

Also to many short balls also but if this is not fixed then next patch is fine, when the speed is fixed for the fast bowler i would hope Redant(:p) will use pace and line together as a fast bowler gets tired he slips down leg more unless his skills are very high.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
@MattW can you tell me if the fielders have been toned down at all?

Users who are viewing this thread