Patch General discussion

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
There is a small issue with the batting (or may be its big) both before & after the patch. Sometimes when I am trying to play on the mid-off the batsmen either leaves the ball or tries to cut away. Which of course results in being bowled out or LBW. Controls just don't respond well. Can this be fixed in the next patch?

[Note: I am playing the game on PS3]

NaqibK

Club Captain
This game is just too tough and impossible to bat in. Ultimately people will get frustrated and will stop playing it. Just an advice :)

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
This game is just too tough and impossible to bat in. Ultimately people will get frustrated and will stop playing it. Just an advice :)

No. If they keep playing it they will get better. That will give it longevity.
If it was too easy, people would get bored and stop playing it.
I can't understand why you find the batting too tough on the easier settings? What level are you playing at?

NaqibK

Club Captain
No. If they keep playing it they will get better. That will give it longevity.
If it was too easy, people would get bored and stop playing it.
I can't understand why you find the batting too tough on the easier settings? What level are you playing at?

Pro. On amateur the bowling is too easy and ive got a hang of the batting as well but on pro its just impossible.

zombieian

International Coach
Pro. On amateur the bowling is too easy and ive got a hang of the batting as well but on pro its just impossible.

It is a big step up from amateur. It pays to play yourself in. You can't slog every ball although it is very tempting. I tend to play every shot at the start of my batsman's innings with both triggers pressed in, to play everything aggressively along the ground, or I release the left trigger to play a defensive shot to a good straight delivery. As your batsman gains confidence start playing more expansive shots.

Last edited:

Lord Sajjad

Club Cricketer
I really don't know where I should post this other than this thread. On the 'Fielding radar' thread we are being ignored by Ross. I'm always posting there that we really need a radar but Ross doesn't reply or ignores us. That is why I'm posting this here to ask Ross that when will we see a fielding radar? Please reply

NaqibK

Club Captain
It is a big step up from amateur. It pays to play yourself in. You can't slog every ball although it is very tempting. I tend to play every shot at the start of my batsman's innings with both triggers pressed in, to play everything aggressively along the ground, or I release the left trigger to play a defensive shot to a good straight delivery. As your batsman gains confidence start playing more expansive shots.

Yeah maybe that should work. Forgot about the confidence thing . Thanks.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Description of Issue: Jaik Mickleburgh, James Foster and Graham Napier got out the same way to Matt Spriegal. Advanced down the pitch to hit away. Hit the ball. Ball was fielded and they took too long and were slow in getting back into their crease resulting in them all being run out. Was particularly upsetting for me as for the first time ever I was batting okay but ran out of decent partners all in the same fashion.

You need to make them return to their crease with "circle".

Ipswich69

School Cricketer
I really don't know where I should post this other than this thread. On the 'Fielding radar' thread we are being ignored by Ross. I'm always posting there that we really need a radar but Ross doesn't reply or ignores us. That is why I'm posting this here to ask Ross that when will we see a fielding radar? Please reply

To be honest, I'd be very surprised to see one crafted into this years game as I have a feeling it would require a lot more work than just a patch to current elements of the game. I can see DBC 15 having one though if Big Ant decide to implement it.

zombieian

International Coach

If I keep asking my wife for something, and she ignores me, it normally means no.;)

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Just came across a ball where the field changed without any animation between the balls. Mid off moved to deep mid off, could it possibly be something to do with not happening when fielders move back or something? Funnily enough I think this is the same position I experienced it in before but forget to check it in instant replay.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just came across a ball where the field changed without any animation between the balls. Mid off moved to deep mid off, could it possibly be something to do with not happening when fielders move back or something? Funnily enough I think this is the same position I experienced it in before but forget to check it in instant replay.

It happens quite often and I'm now used to watching the field every ball.

Users who are viewing this thread