PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

Okay so I have something regarding the performance issue on laptop,
I get 60 FPS maxed out on my desktop but on my laptop, I hardly get 40 on minimum and 20 on maxed out while Fifa 14 runs at 60 fps maxed out on my DELL 3537

i5 4200u 2.3 Ghz,
4 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 ram,
Dedicated ATI Radeon 8670m
1 gigs

It seems as if it doesn't use ATI's adapter but instead it forces itself to use Intel HD 4400 (built-in graphics adapter), it is kinda that is caused only when my laptop runs on Intel HD (switchable graphics).

8670 is the 8 series card of ATI while Don Bradman's minimum requirements has 3600 HD listed and Intel Dual Core processor at 2.2.

I know it's not a gaming laptop but if Fifa 14 runs at 60 fps maxed out why can't Don Bradman run at 60 fps on at least minimum graphics?.

I have no issues with it on my desktop which is powered by Nvidia XFX GTX 780 with Intel Core i7 2600k and 8 GIGS of 1600 Mhz ram. Don Bradman runs at 60 fps (fixed) maxed out.

PS: I have temporarily switched my card with my brother as he wanted to play Watchdogs -,-... I am still getting 45+ with GTS 250 maxed out. It's an old card, if that can run it at 45+ why can't my laptop -,-

EDIT: Lowered a few things to low instead of high, it's now running at 60 FPS on full HD resolution (1920x1080)... Seriously!!!... GTS 250 can run it smoothly but not 8670m! Guys please look into this issue!.

PS: I still have online connectivity issues as well, I'll get to @HBK619 regarding that soon with the beta testing thing.

STEAM ID:- "xxTHExONExx"

Last edited:
Okay so I have something regarding the performance issue on laptop,
I get 60 FPS maxed out on my desktop but on my laptop, I hardly get 40 on minimum and 20 on maxed out while Fifa 14 runs at 60 fps maxed out on my DELL 3537

i5 4200u 2.3 Ghz,
4 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 ram,
Dedicated ATI Radeon 8670m
1 gigs

It seems as if it doesn't use ATI's adapter but instead it forces itself to use Intel HD 4400 (built-in graphics adapter), it is kinda that is caused only when my laptop runs on Intel HD (switchable graphics).

8670 is the 8 series card of ATI while Don Bradman's minimum requirements has 3600 HD listed and Intel Dual Core processor at 2.2.

I know it's not a gaming laptop but if Fifa 14 runs at 60 fps maxed out why can't Don Bradman run at 60 fps on at least minimum graphics?.

I have no issues with it on my desktop which is powered by Nvidia XFX GTX 780 with Intel Core i7 2600k and 8 GIGS of 1600 Mhz ram. Don Bradman runs at 60 fps (fixed) maxed out.

STEAM ID:- "xxTHExONExx"

It has to be poor optimization. Considering Radeon 8670M & Nvidia 740M are similar performance-wise. Even my laptop while running with 740M just about gets 30+ FPS on high & with DOF Bloom & Ambient Occlusion disabled can reach 40-45 FPS. You should try disabling these.

With Intel HD it gets about 25+ FPS.

I'll have to agree with you about Fifa 14 which runs at 60 FPS Maxed out on my lappy. I'm also pretty sure you won't get too much of a boost even while running with your ATI 8670M.

Note :Every other spec of your lappy is identical to mine except that mine has 8 Gigs of RAM.

It has to be poor optimization. Considering Radeon 8670M & Nvidia 740M are similar performance-wise. Even my laptop while running with 740M just about gets 30+ FPS on high & with DOF Bloom & Ambient Occlusion disabled can reach 40-45 FPS. You should try disabling these.

With Intel HD it gets about 25+ FPS.

I'll have to agree with you about Fifa 14 which runs at 60 FPS Maxed out on my lappy. I'm also pretty sure you won't get too much of a boost even while running with your ATI 8670M.

Note :Every other spec of your lappy is identical to mine except that mine has 8 Gigs of RAM.

Like you said that lowering a few things gets it to 40+ which will then be pretty much playable however when I minimize everything except for resolution (1366xsomething) it even then runs at no more than 25 fps which is most likely the performance of Intel HD. It seems that DBC doesn't use ATI's adapter for some reason and that needs to be sorted out.

I am rarely at home and I'll be gone again next month when my university starts, I need to be able to play at a reasonable frame rate on my laptop, I can't have access to my desktop when I away :(

EDIT: At 800x600 it goes up to 40 fps, no more than that but even then it's very unstable, like 40 > 29 > 34 > 40 > 39 > 33. But at that resolution, it is totally unplayable.

Last edited:
Like you said that lowering a few things gets it to 40+ which will then be pretty much playable however when I minimize everything except for resolution (1366xsomething) it even then runs at no more than 25 fps which is most likely the performance of Intel HD. It seems that DBC doesn't use ATI's adapter for some reason and that needs to be sorted out.

I am rarely at home and I'll be gone again next month when my university starts, I need to be able to play at a reasonable frame rate on my laptop, I can't have access to my desktop when I away :(

EDIT: At 800x600 it goes up to 40 fps, no more than that but even then it's very unstable, like 40 > 29 > 34 > 40 > 39 > 33. But at that resolution, it is totally unplayable.

This is something which the user must choose. I'm pretty sure like in Nvidia Control Panel even in AMD Catalyst Driver Settings you must be having an option to select High Performance mode. You should be able to create profiles as well for certain applications to use the High Performance Radeon GPU.

Please have a look into the Catalyst settings.

This is something which the user must choose. I'm pretty sure like in Nvidia Control Panel even in AMD Catalyst Driver Settings you must be having an option to select High Performance mode. You should be able to create profiles as well for certain applications to use the High Performance Radeon GPU.

Please have a look into the Catalyst settings.

Yes it has AMD Catalyst control panel, I've set DBC to high performance and even gave it real time priority from the task manager but still no difference in the performance. Way that I was able to determine that it's not running on ATI's adapter is that I deleted the AMD driver's and let the laptop to depend entirely on Intel HD, performance in other games went down but Don Bradman remained as it was.

Yes it has AMD Catalyst control panel, I've set DBC to high performance and even gave it real time priority from the task manager but still no difference in the performance. Way that I was able to determine that it's not running on ATI's adapter is that I deleted the AMD driver's and let the laptop to depend entirely on Intel HD, performance in other games went down but Don Bradman remained as it was.

I am guessing you're on the latest AMD drivers. Even then if it doesn't work I'm afraid DBC is probably one of those Applications which don't like AMD Dynamic Switchable Graphics. You should contact the BA Dev's.

With Nvidia Optimus DBC can be forced to use either of the 2 GPU's so it works as it should.

----------

Another point I'd like to add is you should use the Graphics drivers provided by the Laptop manufacturer only.

Updating to the most recent one's sometimes breaks Optimus & Radeon DS Graphics.

I am guessing you're on the latest AMD drivers. Even then if it doesn't work I'm afraid DBC is probably one of those Applications which don't like AMD Dynamic Switchable Graphics. You should contact the BA Dev's.

With Nvidia Optimus DBC can be forced to use either of the 2 GPU's so it works as it should.

----------

Another point I'd like to add is you should use the Graphics drivers provided by the Laptop manufacturer only.

Updating to the most recent one's sometimes breaks Optimus & Radeon DS Graphics.

I tried both latest OEM driver and one by AMD but neither of em worked, I also think that DBC has compatibility issues with switchable graphics, BigAnt devs needs to take a look at this.

Thanks for trying to help though!.

Bizarre run out given.

Batsmen in the 40s, played a back foot shot, not a good one, but after I just left it. Fielder suddenly decides it's time to take the bails off, umpire sends it upstairs. It turns out the batsmen inexplicable stepped forward and decided to do what can only be described as a twitchy jig on his crease. His foot twitched back and forward, and at the time the bails came off it was just about on the line.

All I can say is this shouldn't happen. Potentially ruined this match too. I thought these issues had been fixed. It looks as though he moved to allow the field to get toward the wicket as well.

Truly annoying.

My honest recommendation is that unless the player has attempted a run or danced down the wicket, no attempt at a run out should ever be made, let alone given. Twitchy broken animations should not cost wickets.

Last edited:
Not an edge apparently.

bXoVyrk.jpg

----------

Hit Wicket?

Turns out the ghostly bats can pass through a few things.

FKjNjT3.jpg

It was a terrible, terrible shot by the AI though, and the ball went on to hit the stumps. Still a bit surprised it didn't register the hit wicket considering how pedantic the game is about run outs, even when the only reason it could happen was a bug.

----------

The tip of the bat has certainly gone through the stumps, just. Some more angles:

uh2Nlpb.jpg

72sNDvz.jpg

----------

To continue to add to that last post, the following issues are still apparent:

1. Any catch, regardless of where it is, shows up on the screen as "C&B " under the player as they walk off. It's shown properly on the scorecard, but it looks quite odd. Not a major issue of course, just one that stands out as a bit odd.

2. The AI tends to play this odd shot that I can only call "the Dressing Room Shot". The player steps back and attempts to play it over the slips and gully and tends to happen a wee bit too much in First Class and Test matches. I lost (and posted about) a loss where Steven Finn did it off a 157 km/h Mitchell Johnson Yorker, but they tend to do it to any height ball, at any time and whilst it can get a few runs here are there, they tend to lose a few wickets playing this bizarre shot. In the case that just occurred the player basically gave the keeper a regulation catch off the middle of the bat.

----------

Another Dressing Room Shot. That's now 3/29 for the AI, all 3 wickets dressing room shots. The first missed it onto his stumps, the second middled it to the keepers face and now the third has again missed it onto his stumps...

There is still that odd bug that has the score read 0/0 after breaks in play until after the first ball has been played.

I'd also add some other observations:

Not sure if it's just the match, but all the AI need for an LBW appears to be to appeal. 6 appeals, 6 LBWs in a row, not one was clear cut either. 2 pitching outside leg, one hitting outside leg and one going on to miss about another set of stumps. I get there's meant to be some randomness, and it's generally been good, but I've copped an absolute nightmare run in this match (in a match form without appeals). Not seen it before like this though, so I think I've just been unlucky. Doesn't help that most of my batsmen are getting out on 45-49.

Anyhow, something that probably needs work is the catching mechanic. The way it works now is that if it's a chance at all the player will get a hand to the ball and stop it, which causes all sorts of issues with drives. It should surely be changed a bit to actually allow some missed chances to just fly off (as in real life). I don't know how many times I've watched a game and seen a decent chance be missed with it flying to the boundary, not all chances have a chunk of hand involved.

My suggestion would be to have it be more to do with how close to the line of the ball it is, no action on the stick, no attempt to catch basically. The closeness to the angle required for the catch could then influence whether there's a hand to it or a catch, depending on the chance type. So the keeper would normally, except in the most stretching circumstances, get a hand to most things, but the bowler would need to have gotten it perfectly to catch it, and damn near perfect to get a hand to it. Such a system could add a bit to the fielding side as well as the covers wouldn't just get a hand to everything if it's in the air and make taking risky shots, particularly in the shorter forms, a bit more rewarding, for the remaining obvious risks of course.

Users who are viewing this thread