PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

Any chance you can do some comparative shots of the downsampling?

Would be nice if Big Ant could add some more graphics options to go beyond what the game has at the moment.
Yeah I'll take some screenshots in a bit - it's immediately noticeable on the 3D Big Ant logo that comes up in the intro sequences that there's less aliasing but the best thing is that there's less shimmering/aliasing during gameplay when it's in motion on things like the boundary rope, batsman's helmet etc.

I'm not sure how much different it will look in still pictures but I'll post some examples soon.

I agree that a few more options would be nice, mainly some more AA options like MSAA.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will not ask for help here ever, nor I will ask for a feature but I will not show my purchase unless major bugs are fixed , some of which I mentioned earlier. you keep saying that I keep saying this.
It would sure help Big Ant if they knew what those major bugs were. Just post them on Big Ant's bug reporting section and they might be able to help.

I will not ask for help here ever, nor I will ask for a feature but I will not show my purchase unless major bugs are fixed , some of which I mentioned earlier. you keep saying that I keep saying this. think about the time theyve spent but couldn't rule out many bugs till now and whoever isn't a fanboy gets his post deleted.

Hahaha... There's the door... Shut it on your way out :thumbs

I will not ask for help here ever, nor I will ask for a feature but I will not show my purchase unless major bugs are fixed , some of which I mentioned earlier. you keep saying that I keep saying this. think about the time theyve spent but couldn't rule out many bugs till now and whoever isn't a fanboy gets his post deleted.

Well unfortunately then you so called Major Bugs, of which I have not seen any evidence of will probably be ignored.

I cant simply take my PC Monitor back to the shop if it was faulty and ask for a fixed one, if I do not have a proof of purchase!

It is if I put in there for pirates - EVERY bug reported by a pirate might well be there because I planned it that way.

We sure have some funny shit on way from these guys :)

Oh, and whether you think it illegitimate or not I am still going to disregard anything they say.

----------

Ps: notice that all I have outed so far have not refuted it.

Where can I see the list? I don't see any thread titled "Pirates" or "Thieves".

I've only outed these guys so far:

nvidia121, Abhipune, irfi; shooterwilliams; aquaken; anuragmajumdar1; Akshyansh; kingram1989; Ashfaq

I have a much bigger list but these guys actually asked for support so I felt the need to let it be known.

nvidia121, Abhipune, irfi; shooterwilliams; aquaken; anuragmajumdar1; Akshyansh; kingram1989; Ashfaq

I have a much bigger list but these guys actually asked for support so I felt the need to let it be known.

i'll say this for shooter, i am pretty sure on his first post he said "i will pirate this game"... at least he's honest about something.

@MattW

Here is an album which shows the downsampling;

DBC14 Downsampling - Imgur

You have to view these in their full size (1920x1080) or even zoom into them to really see the differences - you can click the 'Fullscreen' button near the top and cycle through the pics with the left and right arrow keys which is the easiest way. The first instance of an example is native 1920x1080, the second is 3000x1688 downsampled. It's not as pronounced as it is in motion but there are many clear differences, especially if you open the images in their own tab and zoom in (ctrl +).

Edit - Zooming in on the imgur album page without going fullscreen and pressing left and right keys also works.

You should have a separate thread for the same. Easier for us to know who the thieves are...

Here is one example of the clear difference downsampling makes - cut out these parts of two of the pics in that album and enlarged it;

Fgxn0zS.png

Edit - Another one;

wXwsHSc.png

Just a thought, if you need any more testers of patches to be released on PC, maybe you can take a look at the Steam beta option.

Another game I mod with have the option to revert to a Dev branch, of which includes latest code and then they get feedback of issues and resolve them before pushing the code to release branch.

There is also an option to only allow access to users with the password, so this can be limited to whoever Big Ant allow access to.

Just a though and an idea, that you may have already looked into.

Oh and I'll be more than happy to test for you!

Cheers :cheers

Just a thought, if you need any more testers of patches to be released on PC, maybe you can take a look at the Steam beta option.

Another game I mod with have the option to revert to a Dev branch, of which includes latest code and then they get feedback of issues and resolve them before pushing the code to release branch.

There is also an option to only allow access to users with the password, so this can be limited to whoever Big Ant allow access to.

Just a though and an idea, that you may have already looked into.

Oh and I'll be more than happy to test for you!

Cheers :cheers

Some here that have had peculiar issues have been given access to a Beta branch of the code that has more logging. Pretty similar to what you've mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread