PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

Well, I don't know if @BigAntStudios is aware of it or not but I can confirm that disabling Bloom breaks Hotspot and Running PIP.

I hope it'll be fixed with their next update.

Edit: With Bloom disabled, Hotspot looks like an Overexposed replay.

Last edited:
Anybody else getting fielders walking at a slow pace in the outfield going for the ball i nearly ran 4 runs whilst he went for a stroll.
Has happened a few times now dunno if its been reported but it has now :D

It has to do with the fact that the ball was hit into a spot where 2 or more fielders are almost identical distances from the Ball , and they end up all stalling until one of them reaches the ball.

Not sure if it has received attention in Patch2.

Well, I don't know if @BigAntStudios is aware of it or not but I can confirm that disabling Bloom breaks Hotspot and Running PIP.

I hope it'll be fixed with their next update.

Edit: With Bloom disabled, Hotspot looks like an Overexposed replay.

bloom is hardly resource hungry and is one of the things that will make games look good without much overhead, so if your rig cant handle bloom , i doubt whether it can run the game smoothly, and if your rig is good enough, then you wont gain much by turning off bloom.

bloom is hardly resource hungry and is one of the things that will make games look good without much overhead, so if your rig cant handle bloom , i doubt whether it can run the game smoothly, and if your rig is good enough, then you wont gain much by turning off bloom.

It is an issue. Graphical options should not break gameplay elements. I'm pretty sure it's fixable as well. The issues I'm posting is just to help BA to increase the quality of the game.

Turning off bloom gives me a clear 10 FPS boost without making much of a difference in the graphics department. My work laptop isn't the best of gaming rigs but with everything else at high and with bloom enabled it runs the game at around 35 fps and with it disabled hits 45 or so. So it does make a difference in my case at least. Also my PC can constantly hit 50-60 FPS with everything high so I hope that clears your doubt regarding the quality of my gaming equipment.

It seems you don't possess much knowledge regarding how a program in general is developed ,tested & corrected. Detecting an error can become nearly impossible when a seemingly unrelated part of code causes an error. So I was just trying to point BA to the right direction and your comment was certainly uncalled for.

Stop saying the game is perfect, it is not. And everyone is not going to run the game with every option enabled.

I reiterate Graphical options should not break gameplay elements and it is certainly an issue with the game.

Last edited:
no one is attacking you or saying the game is absolutely flawless, i myself have reported issues a couple of pages back in proper format that will be helpful,also screenshots wouldn't go amiss.

if bloom is taking of 10 fps of your game it certainly means your laptop cant give you a smooth experience and probably not meeting minimum requirements, in which case i dont think it would classify as bug, and for reference here are my screenshots with or without bloom.

attachment.php

attachment.php

no probs here.

so it would be great if you can give more details on your specs and screens if you are trying to help, as you seem very knowledgeable of programming and bug testing, im sure you will aprreciate giving more details while reporting right:cheers

Attachments

• withbloom.png
    withbloom.png
    178.6 KB · Views: 209
  • without bloom.png
    without bloom.png
    211.4 KB · Views: 208
@BigAntStudios @HBK619, any idea what's up regarding the game not running in true fullscreen mode? Even with the borderless window option unselected, it runs in that mode.

You can identify this by the way it behaves when you alt-tab (quick/seamless) that it's in borderless mode regardless of the option you choose.

Is there anything I can do to get around this, or will there be a fix in a patch/update?

P.S. - How do you access hotspot? I haven't been able to find it, is it only accessible when there's an edge?

EDIT - This isn't an issue for me now, as the latest version of Nvidia Shadowplay supports desktop capture which I was unaware of so the game being in borderless isn't a problem for me now. It's still something that I think deserves attention though because the setting in the game doesn't do anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has to do with the fact that the ball was hit into a spot where 2 or more fielders are almost identical distances from the Ball , and they end up all stalling until one of them reaches the ball.

Not sure if it has received attention in Patch2.
This is one of problems in patch 2. Its really annoying. Gives easy 2 or 3 to batsman

everytime i challege umpire's decision and even if the ball cliffs the wicket with evry thing in position like pitching offside ,impact in length and wickets hitting,still umpire does not reverse his decision bt if com asks for review den only umpire reverse his decision.dis happens every time.plz check it ross

plz help.umpire not giving even a clean lbw

no one is attacking you or saying the game is absolutely flawless, i myself have reported issues a couple of pages back in proper format that will be helpful,also screenshots wouldn't go amiss.

if bloom is taking of 10 fps of your game it certainly means your laptop cant give you a smooth experience and probably not meeting minimum requirements, in which case i dont think it would classify as bug, and for reference here are my screenshots with or without bloom.

no probs here.

so it would be great if you can give more details on your specs and screens if you are trying to help, as you seem very knowledgeable of programming and bug testing, im sure you will aprreciate giving more details while reporting right:cheers

:). Ofcourse you didn't care to check a few pages back where I posted the problem in the formal way. I had posted a screenshot as well showing the Running PIP not visible. But then ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Hotspot with DOF, Bloom, Ambient Occlusion disabled.

attachment.php

Invisible Running PIP with DOF, Bloom, Ambient Occlusion disabled.

attachment.php

With a bit more of tickling with the options it seems enabling either DOF or Bloom fixes the Running PIP.

Might well fix the hotspot as well, which seems to have happened in your case. So having both Bloom & DOF disabled causes the issue.

And again I reiterate please help yourself learn what minimum requirements are, and effects like Bloom, DOF, Motion Blur ,etc can be pretty heavy for most mobile GPU's which generally are 64-bit and are clocked on the lower side.

As for the specs of my laptop, here they are:

Nvidia 740M 64-bit 2 Gigs
Intel Core i5 4200 2.3 GHz
8 Gigs of Main Memory
Display Resolution : WXGA 16:9

Do let me know if you need any more info. :rolleyes

Edit: According to your logic if someone wants to disable a graphical effect and increase a bit of FPS his/her Rig does not meet the minimum requirements. :D. Then why are these options given?

Last edited:
Hi, I have so far been playing only Five 5 causuals or 1 MAtch T20 competition and still getting used to this game. But i guess this is seen in all formats across.

1) When ever i save and return to game, it displays the teamlineups and weather forecast again. Not a big issue, but for me if it returns to he game straight away it will be good.

2) when i save a game couple of times in the middle it creates new save everytime with new timestamp. is it possible to have one game saved on one name always?

Edit: According to your logic if someone wants to disable a graphical effect and increase a bit of FPS his/her Rig does not meet the minimum requirements. .
Im talking specifically of bloom.Bloom just doesnt fall under the same category as dof or other enhancements, it almost doesn't give you much performance gain with new hardware compared to saying turning dof off, which seems why you are gaining fps. it was resource hungry in say 2004 etc not nowadays.
Bloom nowadays is given as a matter of taste some like it some dont.anyway i will move on:yes.

Im talking specifically of bloom.Bloom just doesnt fall under the same category as dof or other enhancements, it almost doesn't give you much performance gain with new hardware compared to saying turning dof off, which seems why you are gaining fps. it was resource hungry in say 2004 etc not nowadays.
Bloom nowadays is given as a matter of taste some like it some dont.anyway i will move on:yes.

It is a matter of fact my friend. DOF was disabled all the way. I have particularly tested Bloom and it indeed gives me a good 10 FPS boost. What I'm trying to say is it is Application specific and how it is implemented in this particular game. Optimization of the software also matters.

If I remember correctly I had made a tweak for Cricket 07 which enabled Bloom particularly and was able to lag even Cricket 07 on some of the current gen PC's.

Users who are viewing this thread