Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

What a match it was!!! Petr Cech had another bad one. You only ever feel that sort of tension in the last 5 minutes of a AFL game.
I am pretty sure now there is more juniors playing Football than AFL and don't use the "Don't want their sons to get hurt" excuse that was made by the AFL public. It may be true for a 10th of the players but I think the success at the world cup in 06 and us going through to 2010 South africa is making a big impact.
Add that to the A-league going well with around 60k for the final. Of course it is nowhere near the AFL but it is getting there.
This is where you fail.

Aussie Rules Junior clubs start their ages roughly at Under 10's-12s, only option before this is Auskick, which aren't included in statistics as its not seen as a club
Junior Soccer Clubs start their teams much younger hence why paticipation rates are much highter. But once kids are allowed to play Aussie Rules at club level, they immediately switch over

60k for the final? Funny how the Dome only holds 50k, were people on the roof?

And WOW, there's ONE week in soccer where its relitively free flowing and "high" scoring and you get the "told you so" posts, haha. But you don't hear a thing about the countless games where it ends in 0-0, how boring.

And to say you only feel the tension in the last 5 minutes is ludicrious. Obviously you don't support any teams with a passion since your from some outskirt land called Tasmania so you probably wouldn't feel any excitement.

If the Americans think soccers crap, it must be. Once soccer players actually get some balls and stop diving and acting when they don't even get hit, it actually might be a half decent game (and don't say they don't, every week a guy will get 'sliiiightly touched or pushed, which is followed by them rolling on the ground like they just got hit by a bus),

The Americans also think AFL is crap so it also must be.
Wow, uneducated post.

Coming from a snooze fest sport practically BUYING their way into the American market yet STILL failing badly.

And yet, the AFL have made NO MOVES to enter the US market (hence why Americans wouldn't even know what AFL is) yet our game at club level has really taken off over there in the last few years, and the AFL has had only positive feedback from it, and funny how any American who comes over here loves it.

.::Stevo::. added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

It's because 0-0 games are rare lately in the EPL. Your just stereotyping.
How can it be a stereotype if you just said 'lately'. Even with this "late" rush of high scoring games. Hull drew with Portsmouth last weekend 0-0 and i believe there was a couple of games 1-0. One being Liverpool. Thats all in one weekend, yet i'm stereotyping the low scoring weeks ?? HA(which are most of the time)

Last edited:
You know for someone who thinks football's crap you seem to spend an awful lot of time looking out for it's results. The fact that you know so much about a sport that you think is crap is testiment to the fact that it is head and shoulders above any other out there.

So unlucky son, deal with it. It's the premier sport out there whether you like it or not. It's a fact.

I will say it again. You dont need goals to have an exciting game.

This is where you fail.

Aussie Rules Junior clubs start their ages roughly at Under 10's-12s, only option before this is Auskick, which aren't included in statistics as its not seen as a club
Junior Soccer Clubs start their teams much younger hence why paticipation rates are much highter. But once kids are allowed to play Aussie Rules at club level, they immediately switch over

60k for the final? Funny how the Dome only holds 50k, were people on the roof?

And WOW, there's ONE week in soccer where its relitively free flowing and "high" scoring and you get the "told you so" posts, haha. But you don't hear a thing about the countless games where it ends in 0-0, how boring.

Umm, no. Even if a game ends 0-0, it is very rarely boring. The amount of games that end 0-0 with very few chances, or balls hitting the post etc are extremely rare. Also, where did you get 'ONE' week from? There are at least two games on every edition of MoTD that are great to watch!

If the Americans think soccers crap, it must be. Once soccer players actually get some balls and stop diving and acting when they don't even get hit, it actually might be a half decent game (and don't say they don't, every week a guy will get 'sliiiightly touched or pushed, which is followed by them rolling on the ground like they just got hit by a bus),

They're not doing that because they're genuinely hurt. They're doing it to gain a freekick/pen/get opponent sent off! Poor sportsmanship for sure, but they're no weaklings.

And so what if the Americans think soccer's crap???? Who gives a bloody damn! They're in the minority, most of the world thinks (correctly) that it's a fantastic game. Just because the USA thinks something's crap doesn't mean it is. Ask the rest of the World. Could be that the USA is wrong and they're right?

It's because 0-0 games are rare lately in the EPL. Your just stereotyping.

Exactly! And as I said before, you need to factor in the football played in the rest of the world, because unlike AFL, football is played world-wide!

You boys really are fighting a losing battle here and are beginning to look so, so silly! :p

Great ad, one of my favourites of the year so far.

I will say it again. You dont need goals to have an exciting game.

Near misses, fantastic saves by keepers, shots cleared off the line, lung bursting runs down the wing, shots that hit the woodwork, crunching tackles, 60 yard crossfield passes, all the tricks that players pull these days, crisp quick one-twos that open up a defence like a sardine tin. Need I go on? All these things could happen in a 0-0 and you say that's not exciting??

And then add some goals as well. A lot of the time, goals are the icing on the cake, it's the build up that is truly exciting (of course, there are the exceptions such as last night's 40yd rocket from Ronaldo). Also, who wants to see a game where a score happens every five minutes, like basketball or something?

BORING!

You know for someone who thinks football's crap you seem to spend an awful lot of time looking out for it's results. The fact that you know so much about a sport that you think is crap is testiment to the fact that it is head and shoulders above any other out there.

So unlucky son, deal with it. It's the premier sport out there whether you like it or not. It's a fact.

I watch the EPL highlights. I simply watch for the goals which are sometimes brilliant and amazingly skillfull. But fearsome tweak sitting through an hour and a half of passy, back passy, dive, passy.

This is like talking to a moronic 4 year old comparing a tree to a piece of bark. Obviously the EPL is miles and miles ahead of the AFL, due to their product being so simplistic, they country that its in, and the British Empires influence of other countries throughout its history

The thread has never been "which is bigger and more popular" (which soccer fans refer to as they have no idea what AFL is) Its about which is more entertaining. AFL simply pawns soccer.

Another point worth mentioning is that football is the best sport in the world because everyone has at least a brief understanding of the rules. Something which is definitely not the case with AFL and other such sports.

I watch the EPL highlights. I simply watch for the goals which are sometimes brilliant and amazingly skillfull. But flip sitting through an hour and a half of passy, back passy, dive, passy.

This is like talking to a moronic 4 year old comparing a tree to a piece of bark. Obviously the EPL is miles and miles ahead of the AFL, due to their product being so simplistic, they country that its in, and the British Empires influence of other countries throughout its history

The thread has never been "which is bigger and more popular" (which soccer fans refer to as they have no idea what AFL is) Its about which is more entertaining. AFL simply pawns soccer.

So how do you explain the rest of the World's love of the game then? Britain didn't rule the whole planet, you know. Don't tell me. Aussies are right and the rest of the world are wrong, yes?

Okaaaaaay... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread