Should Ponting stay captain?

Should ponting stay as captain?

• yes

Votes: 43 68.3%
  • no

Votes: 20 31.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sourav is a very arrogant, spoilt, ignorant person. He was always seen by other captains as uncourteous and a prickly character. He was a fantastic captain for you, but he had/has very few friends in international cricket outside his own country.
I guess. I didn't particularly like Sourav Ganguly as a person (not that I met him). In fact, one of the very reasons he was sacked was because he was too arrogant to deal with the fact that he was not good enough to make it to India anymore. I'm sure if you meet him now, he is a far different personality. Just the fact that he hasn't gotten into the headlines recently for anything except for his batting shows how much he has changed as a person.

And you will also notice that he is no longer the captain...

I was just making the point of how hypocritical it was for you to support Ganguly when he was doing it as captain but condemn Ponting.

Then he was kicked out.
Why should Ponting stay?
Hes worse then Sourav.
It's really not up to us to decide why Ponting to stay--it is up to the Australians. His actions are there for the world to see and judge, as are the defenders of those actions.

I was just making the point of how hypocritical it was for you to support Ganguly when he was doing it as captain but condemn Ponting.
I never supported Ganguly's antics as captain, so I don't know what you're on about. In fact, I was at the forefront of the people who wanted him stripped of his captaincy, because of his performances and especially because he decided to wash his dirty laundry with Greg Chappell in the media.

I'd ditch him in a year or so. Bring in someone younger to do it.

I think anyone who wants the captain of a team who's won 16 on the bounce needs their marbles checking. I'm not Ponting's biggest fan captaincy-wise, but he must be doing something right.

Ditto.

And to all you stoners voting 'no' get over yourself. Just because you believe he claimed a catch we he grounded is not a reason to kick him out.

He is better than any other captain India could manage, I think they may be slightly jealous :p I know I am, Graeme Smith is a crackhead.

Last edited:
Ofcourse he should. Hes not a bad sportsmen. He plays the game tough. If other teams tried it, they might be able to win too.

I think everyone should take a few lessons from Graeme Smith. A courteous, considerate, charming captain.

I like alliterations.

:laugh

:cheesy

Haha, nice post mate. And what about his batting? Uh, it's stuff to be marveled at, he just looks so fluent. :hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread