South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Warner is very talented. Great innings so far!

In saying that, the SA bowling is pathetic. I'm yet to see a yorker nor a bouncer. 2 main weapons in Twenty/20s. I've only counted 2 or 3 slower balls too. Too many length balls, too easy to hit. SA need variation.

Warner is very talented. Great innings so far!

In saying that, the SA bowling is pathetic. I'm yet to see a yorker nor a bouncer. 2 main weapons in Twenty/20s. I've only counted 2 or 3 slower balls too. Too many length balls, too easy to hit. SA need variation.

Steyn shouldn't be playing 20/20 or ODI cricket.

Steyn has a good Twenty/20 career. Do you remember when he played NZ in SA last test series. He bowled a lot of yorkers. Where have they gone? He should be hitting Warner's toes. Hit that for six!

Steyn has a good Twenty/20 career. Do you remember when he played NZ in SA last test series. He bowled a lot of yorkers. Where have they gone? He should be hitting Warner's toes. Hit that for six!

Yeah true, but he does bowl alot of balls all over the place. He doesn't seem to be able to keep it in one spot.

Warner favors midwicket. So bowl outside his offstump at least. Poor bowling. Great batting and running.

By the way, Warner's been snapped up by the Delhi Daredevils for this year's IPL season.
Brydon tells me that Warner is the first player to debut for Australia in any format without first-class experience since 1877.

Gayle's scored the only Twenty20 hundred so far ... Warner is 20 runs away. Gayle took 50 balls for his century.
Quotes from cricinfo.

Still no man at midwicket. At least Ntini's bowling outside off to him. Morkel bowled alright. Hopefully SA don't let Aussies get much over 200 otherwise it's possibly game over. I wanna see a close game. Never know with Gibbs though.

irottev added 2 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Warner out. :( He deserved a hundred perhaps. Maybe with Hussey going the ball before he could have slowed down a tad. What an innings though. Good thinking from Ntini bowling a better line and length. SA back in the game.

Warner deserved that 100 :( neverheless what an innings :happy his IPL has strated from today :p

No on Warner, a few exciting games doesn't mean he should leapfrog the guys who have been scoring consistently for years or even just all season. My vote goes to Klinger, he's dominating the domestic circuit and is second in the leading run scorers for the One Dayers, and he's been opening for SA in that form of the game.
Yes on Warner. :D

Warner > Klinger.

Klinger could never do what Warner just did.

Warner is just powerfully strong and the fact he can pull balls on his waist for 6 just justifies his selection.

Bad luck for Warner would have been awesome for a guy with no FC matches to make a T20 100. Probably not getting the strike killed his momentum.

All our guys are getting starts some lifes but no one coming close to Warner's inns.

Users who are viewing this thread