South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Well there it is 182/9 I think South Africa is one of the best twenty20 sides in the world and if they get off to a good start they can do it

Disappointing after Warner was dismissed.

Warner 89

The rest 93

We arent a good Twenty20 team though so I'm not surprised. I expected a collapse. Plus we have lots of players that arent in our usual team. Twenty20 is the place where we trial all of our domestic players.

If Twenty/20 is meant to be the RocknRoll form of cricket, why can't we have some heavy metal instead of this pop trash in the break?

The only good thing about that performance were the dancers.

Although, I must say, I was more turned on by Warners innings ;) :p

Hussey and Clarke should never be seen in T20, too slow. I know Clarke didnt play but he is very similar to Hussey.

Even though im crushed that Hayden is gone, i really believe Warner should replace him. Marsh and Warner up the top. The selectors said their looking to the World Cup, and i doubt hopes is good enough to be our World Cup allrounder. So bring in Warner to justify getting rid of Hayden

Hussey isn't slow. He scored at a run a ball before his wicket delivery. He's played some real quick innings in ODIs. Twenty/20 isn't JUST about being 200 strike rate, you need dependable and experienced guys like Hussey to stop major collapses. (Though it still happened)

Warners average is 52, but he's only made 1 century (which he finished not out on) and 2 50's out of 10 innings, so it's not that accurate of a sign to how good he is. I think Hayden may be forgotten a little quicker because of Warner.

Hussey and Clarke should never be seen in T20, too slow. I know Clarke didnt play but he is very similar to Hussey.

Even though im crushed that Hayden is gone, i really believe Warner should replace him. Marsh and Warner up the top. The selectors said their looking to the World Cup, and i doubt hopes is good enough to be our World Cup allrounder. So bring in Warner to justify getting rid of Hayden

Clarke is no way to slow for Twenty20. He constantly has a strike rate around 100 in One Dayers.

Why should Marsh Open with Warner? The only good thing he has done in the past year is IPL. Jaques should open for us in Tests and One Dayers. Clarke and Warner in Twenty20's.

Warner, what a talent! That hitting was absolutely breathtaking. Get him in your ODI team as a straight swap for Shane Watson. The obvious rival to that spot is Klinger, but I believe that this may merely be a single golden season for him as his career record is quite average.

Warners average is 52, but he's only made 1 century (which he finished not out on) and 2 50's out of 10 innings, so it's not that accurate of a sign to how good he is. I think Hayden may be forgotten a little quicker because of Warner.

Yeah, he finished 160 odd not out after opening the batting. Fair effort. He's been a quality part of any of our wins recently. Even if he does only score 30 off 15. It really helps to be 0/30 after 2 or 3 overs in one dayers.

165 off 112 (not out) and 97 off 54 in One-Day domestic matches not good enough for you?
Two big scores is not a conclusive career. One trick ponies are what you want to eliminate at first class level. Warner has a great cow shot, but just because teams haven't figured him out in a dozen games doesn't mean they never will.

Users who are viewing this thread