South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

SA are still in front. If we had Tait I would be a bit more confident as he could rip that wicket we need. Looking at it our best way for the win is to keep the pressure on. Get that RRR through the roof and then hope we don't throw it away. I think we might have to bowl Dussey for 2 more overs as don't know about giving Harris 2 more overs.

The required runrate is now almost 10. What has South Africa been doing? The batting Powerplay still hasn't been taken.

6 overs are left and finally they've called for the batting powerplay.

Last edited:
First ball 4 from Albie. Maybe we shouldn't have run out JP!
Credit to Harris he bowled out his final 2 overs very well. Lets see if Hilfy can keep his head lots of pressure on him now.

aussie1st added 2 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

SA back in it now, Hilfy needs to be kept away from bowling in the final 10 overs. Just not good enough under pressure situations.

17 runs from the last 6 balls needed. It's not impossible. The one over where Boucher screwed up and only took 4 runs in the over is really costing them.

That's what they need. A six. 9 runs from 3 balls needed.

Next ball a single and they need 8 runs of 2 balls.

The bad news is that Albie Morkel is on strike.

A single taken by Albie Morkel of the fifth ball and it's over for South Africa.

Boucher takes a single of the last ball and Australia wins the match by 5 runs. Good for the series.

These Australia vs South Africa matches are fun to follow.

Certainly another cracker, SA left their run too late in the end. Needed to promote Albie and Boucher above McKenize in this situation. But wow that Albie comes in and put SA well back in the game.

They played the powerplay like a test match at first. So they lost it.
Bracken's excellent bowling was a massive reason why SA couldn't play their shots.

Well done Australia!!! :hpraise

South Africa need to go a little but harder in their run chases if they want to win regularly.

Well Done Aussies. Lets hope we see White and Hopes Dropped, and bring in Tait, and pull Haydos out of retirement, we need him still.

We need more experience, i like new players, but you cant afford to have most the team inexperienced. With Clarke out, Hayden is just the experience they need

Kallis and ab too slow in the middle. Bad decision to send mac ahead of boucher and albie. That's were we lost it.

The loss of smith is really hurting us at the top of the order. He usually got us of to a good quick start in the odi's.

Kallis and ab too slow in the middle. Bad decision to send mac ahead of boucher and albie. That's were we lost it.

No not at all... It was a perfect plan and execution from SA where Duminy, Boucher and Albie were exposed to that batsman's powerplay. There is no point in exposing McKenzie to that powerplay.

It was just a margin short for SA's victory.. Both the teams played well once again and it was Bracken who turned the table this time. I feel McKenzie has to open with Gibbs. That Amla should come down the order. The middle overs run ticking was poor for SA. Thats where I feel, SA could have outsmarted Aussies.

Good return for Villiers though! A good match to watch. :)

Users who are viewing this thread