South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Even though Ponting is scoring runs he still far from his peak and we certainly are missing that. Him at his peak wouldn't have given so many near chances and chances after being given a life and of course would have got a 100. Thought Hussey was there but then got out. Marsh needs to get over his 70s duck as we really need him to start converting those 70s into 100s.

I am expecting that Australia will get a cheap wicket of Gibbs again. If not, then they're in trouble, because I can see the other opening batsman (Amla) making runs. Tait got Amla's wicket in the previous match and he isn't playing.

It seems that Marsh needs Ponting with him to do any well. Whenever Ponting gets out Marsh follows, maybe this is because of who is coming in at 4. I believe Hussey still isnt in the right position. Dave or Haddin needed to come in at 4. to keep the momentum. Really i thought the batting powerplay should of been taken at the 27th over. But oh well.

White and Hopes need to go, they are nothing players and not really good at anything.

I also believe Hayden needed to stay and not be dropped. Maybe a recall out of retirement could be on the cards. We cant afford to have 2 inexperienced Openers. Marsh could learn alot from Hayden. and it would stabilize the team.

But another great innings by Marsh, he isnt really a big 100 scorer, but there is nothung wrong with consistent 70's. Maybe he could make the Test side now.

I have a feeling that Bracken will let loose today. Pick up 3 wickets or so. Hope Harris bowls well for his own confidence and pick up a wicket too

Solid start so far by our opening bowlers, both seem a bit too short atm to get a threat with the swing. Bracken is missing the pace to be able to trap the batters LBW with the swing.

Very economical stary by our bowlers. A wicket now would be brilliant.

You got your wish LH :) The swing probably got Alma there certainly not Hilfy best ball but good pressure bowling got that shot out of him.

You got your wish LH :) The swing probably got Alma there certainly not Hilfy best ball but good pressure bowling got that shot out of him.

Well I guess I'll take that one for Australia. I'm 'watching' it on Cricinfo right now.

Another wicket maybe :D

Aussie1st was saying he was rested.

I just turned in on cricinfo again and I am seeing that Gibbs is out. He actually didn't hit the ball and was probably thinking about a longer innings then this.

He was rested, atm hes struggling with his fitness so backing up is hard for him.

Harris pace is sharp but SA are taking to him with relative ease. Wouldn't have minded Bird in for Tait as it is a like for like replacement.

Hopes solid, his pace has dropped lately he usually touches the 140 mark. Gibbs again throws his wicket away similar to Ponting but with a lot less runs.

I've got a feeling that Kallis will lead South Africa to victory in this match. The openers struggled, but he is playing fine.

Could well be the case they also still have the in form JP to come and AB is there right now. And of course Albie and Boucher to do the big hitting. We need wickets but without the spinner certainly going to be a tough ask.

boy Ponting and Marsh have been lucky today. And South Africas fielding has been below their usual standards.

Yes,they were...
Right now :South Africa 64-2 (17) & JH Kallis 32(42) AB de Villiers 3(5)
At the moment Aus is looking good,they need to take wickets..

Users who are viewing this thread