South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Not sure when he comes back but I will be extremely disappointed if we drop Dave Hussey for him. He needs to be a permanent member of our ODI team. He has done everything right in Domestic cricket and everything right in the ODI's he has played. He may only average 37, but he has 3 fifties in 5 innings.

Would remove White from the team for Symonds. It looks like D. Hussey is playing a stable role as an all-rounder in the team.

Amazing how many Aussie players are injured. Symonds, Clarke, Lee, Watson, Jacques, Clark. That's half of a very strong side right there. At least the Aussie's get to try out some new younger players.

I'm going with the same mindset that I had when Matty Hayden came out to bat for the last time in Tests but with Dave Warner. I'm staying up for the entirity of Warners innings, he better make it a good'un!

King Pietersen added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Lol, woops, might have jinxed that. Sorry Mr Warner :p

Lol don't stay up again you are bad luck. Was a good ball from Steyn got some steep bounce with some in swing.

Australia is doing fine at 169-3 after 33.3 overs. They should target 300 runs.

I rekon around 270-275 will be enough for the Aussies. Although South Africa love to chase down scores

We need to stop losing wickets together especially set ones. Mike Hussey was looking good but got out. Lets see what White and Dave Hussey can do.

Australia is slowing down in the runrate, while they should accelerate. David Hussey and White are bit hitters. They should exploit the batting powerplay.

started pretty well with a boundary 2nd ball from the last wicket. Let's hope these 2 guys can make enough runs in the batting power play

Edit. Cameron White out, poor wicket for Australia

Last edited:
Australia is falling apart. White is out. This isn't good for Australia.

Hehe not much difference with no Clarke in the side well maybe a few extra wickets than usual. High time Haddin is promoted he is wasted at 7, White should be there anyway if hes in the side.

With 9 overs to come, we should be looking to hit a boundary atleast every over. This isn't good enough from the Aussies. Sad to say it, but i rekon another loss is brooming here

Shows you how important Roy is and the loss of Hayden/Gilly is finally showing. Our lackluster middle order performances have been covered by our ripping starts. That's why it so important for us to have an aggressive player there as the way we go through the middle orders we need that early buffer.

Users who are viewing this thread