South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Shows you how important Roy is and the loss of Hayden/Gilly is finally showing. Our lackluster middle order performances have been covered by our ripping starts. That's why it so important for us to have an aggressive player there as the way we go through the middle orders we need that early buffer.

Just shows that we are in re-building stage at the moment. A lot of inexperienced players in the side now. Ponting and Hussey are the two most experienced players out their at the moment. So i think our domination of cricket is going to start to slide down since the retierments last year and Hayden going as well.

It's good to see Australia giving the younger players a go though to set them up for the future, ie. Warner

these middle order guys need some international experience i guess to explode. problem is that all of them landed in the team alltogether. its kinda- Inexp > exp(ponting)>inexp > exp(hussey)> inexp batting lineup.

Mike Hussey probably is our key we need him to stay out there as he is one guy that can score at a run a ball. Hes got great placement and usually finds the gaps for the singles.

The commentators were spot on about taking the powerplay earlier, when Ponting and Marsh were going that was the time. We have just wasted this powerplay, SA won't do the same.

they probably won't need to use it, with our miserable score at the moment :P

Jesus christ, the last 3 wickets we have had have been shocking decisions from the batsmen to play. That was massively outside of the stumps and he goes after it... use your brain people

Last edited:
There goes Dave Hussey, maybe it's time to move Haddin to 4, I would put him opener but Warner should be given this series to show what he can do. But what is clear is we need that explosive start.

I see Harris is playing instead of Tait. Why is that? Because of the pitch?

Australia must hope now that they at least can score 250 runs. They're 27 runs away from that now.

Australia must hope now that they at least can score 250 runs. They're 27 runs away from that now.

250 would be a reasonable score i rekon. With 4 overs to go and Steyn bowling, it would be good, 250

Resting him, but boy they wish they played him now. We need that x-factor bowler.

That was a weird one looked like Albie dropped it but actually threw it away. Fair catch, but Hopes batting has never really clicked at this level and even though he does perform at domestic level don't know about him being our 4th bowler.

Here goes another one. Steyn and Ntini are bowling and they're among the best bowlers in the world. So it will be difficult for the Australian tail to score runs of them. 2 overs to go and it's currently 237-7. They really need to start hitting to get a good score.

Good news for Australia is that Johnson will be playing again next 3 matches.

Geez no justice that was a dam good hit by Haddin but hes run out. Good luck to the bowlers defending this total, it might have been a good score if McGrath and Lee were still around but boy its going to be hard from here.

What happened with Albie Morkel? Did he got injured while defending a ball or something?

And Haddin is out now also with a run out.

Harris joined the party and is out on the last ball of the innings.

South Africa will need 250 runs and exactly 5 runs an over.

You would think South Africa should easily make that.

Albie Morkel injured his finger when taking the catch of Hopes earlier

Great fightback by South Africa. Australia were cruising at one stage with Marsh and Ponting going strong. Ponting fell in the quest for quick runs, Marsh followed soon after and Australia never quite got going after that, managing only 59 runs in the last 11 overs for the loss of 6 wickets. South Africa will need to make sure they play sensibly and not throw their wickets away.

Users who are viewing this thread