South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Well hes out anyway so that won't happen. It will give Warner a chance to show what he can do as opener. If he doesn't go well then you could see that happen against NZ.

Lol White is better than Clarke because he can hit the ball further? White in your period only averages 33 still very poor and has a highest score of 40. I don't see how that makes him better than Clarke.

so you just admitted Clarke is very poor

formula1man added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Maybe Clarke should open. Mike Hussey should be down the order, he's been great there for Australia. Swap their positions perhaps. Then you have an anchor in Clarkey and guys to play shots around him.

Then Clarke will definitely do bad. He will just waste the powerplay's. He'll be on 5 after the first 15 overs

I missed the game but Mike openning, White at 6 and Hopes down at 8? Stupid. Does anyone think Clarke is overrated. He has vice-captaincy too. Too bad we can't drop him cause he has experience. Lets see.

EDIT: Awesome to see Clarke injured. A blessing in disguise. Hopefully Hussey, Warner and maybe Hopes can cement their spots. I'd back Hopes. He's a useful player unlike White...

Last edited:
Then Clarke will definitely do bad. He will just waste the powerplay's. He'll be on 5 after the first 15 overs

Lol your hate for Clarke is getting beyond crazy. Clarke scored two 100s and a 97 while opening with a strike rate of 90+. Not bad for his first few digs as opener.

How do you rate Botha's captaincy? Anything impressive or is he just relying on luck.

Lol your hate for Clarke is getting beyond crazy. Clarke scored two 100s and a 97 while opening with a strike rate of 90+. Not bad for his first few digs as opener.
Long time back. Lately (in the last 2-3 years), he has scored next to NIL opening

Precambrian added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

How do you rate Botha's captaincy? Anything impressive or is he just relying on luck.
To early to see. Was impressed with his choice of Albie to open the bowling. However his decision to use Morne as death bowler didn't impress. So need to wait till he really gets a good dig.

Long time back. Lately (in the last 2-3 years), he has scored next to NIL opening

Yes he was a bit more shocking lately but those early knocks show that he can open. He also has matured as a Test batter over the past month which can only help his ODI game imo.

aussie1st added 3 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Maybe i missed something, but why wasn't Warner selected for the first game??

Selectors thought Clarke was fit.

Aww bloody oath. Now Warners not playing against Victoria tonight. Blah. Clarke really wanted to play. Can't see why he wanted to, might've prolonged his injury.

so you just admitted Clarke is very poor

formula1man added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

You sir, are an idiot.

Like I said in your other thread, if we drop Clarke for a big hitter one game we'll make 320 and you'll be happy, then the next 2 games we'll make 140. Big hitters won't always score runs. We need a rock in the innings who can still score at a high strike rate that can bat at number 4. oh my goshneessss thats clarke!

What World Champions said 2 pages before is true, Aussies are unlucky with this kit.

Morkel was just too good for us.

We will bounce back tomorrow.

Warner and Hauritz into the team.

Good, that puts Hussey where he belongs in the middle.I am worried that Warner will be found out though..

Users who are viewing this thread