South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Our selectors are dumb and cannot even differentiate the importance between majority and minority.

very nice win lads :D hope u carry the momentum to the next game.

@aussie kit sponsors
dudes whats up with this wierd green kits. aussies look great in yellow. hope yellow is back soon.

Australia has now a team, that is very inexperienced in terms of ODI's played. Only Ponting, Mike Hussey and Bracken have a lot of ODI experience. On the other hand it's good that the team consist of new young players.

De Villiers is expected to come back in the next match, according to cricinfo.

Haha, WTF? Blaming kits for defeat? Typical Aussie.

They have brought in Warner. Talk about hyping up.

Glad to see Clarke out. He simply destroyed the momentum in the last match. I think he is useless in ODIs if he cannot score at a higher SR.

Haha, WTF? Blaming kits for defeat? Typical Aussie.
Glad to see Clarke out. He simply destroyed the momentum in the last match. I think he is useless in ODIs if he cannot score at a higher SR.

Yay someone agrees with me

On Clarke what slow about him, his overall strike rate is 79, Ponting is 80 should we also drop Ponting because he scores too slow? One bad game and people are calling for his head...

Thats why i posted his stats over the bast two years. and on average they are slow. career rates shouldnt be taken into account. If that was the case Hayden would still be playing.

It's not all about strike rates, if you went and actually looked at the scorecards you will see in your period half of those slow scoring knocks were match winning knocks and more often than not he was the highest or next highest scorer. Take out those knocks and we lose.

30+ is still better than what White has averaged his whole ODI career. If anyone should be under the scope it's him. Not to mention Clarke's overall average is still well above 40. You can't just suddenly ignore that. And before you bring up the Hayden example again, he was dropped because of age, if he was younger he would still be in the side no question.

Plus who exactly do you promote? I would have Warner in for White, so who replaces Clarke?

Yay someone agrees with me

Thats why i posted his stats over the bast two years. and on average they are slow. career rates shouldnt be taken into account. If that was the case Hayden would still be playing.

I have been telling that from last CBS when we lost to Inidia :mad:

See my MC thread.

Plus White has averaged better then Clarke since the World Cup
Apart from Hodge and the bowlers Clarke has been our worst batsmen, since WC

Yet his average is still only 24? That is well below the standards even for a number 7. No way White should be in before Clarke.

We need to change our kit first :mad: eversince that came we are yet to win a CBS.

sour grapes eh? Here is typical WC's theory,

• If a team has to dominate, that will be one and only Australian team.
  • If a team knows cricket, that team has to be one and only Australian team.
  • If Australian team has been outplayed by some other opponent, then it's not called as a win.. Its called Choking because Australia only can win matches. Not the other teams. If others do so, they choked.
  • If X plays well in one match.. He is GOD.. If the same X plays poor in the next match.. he is some ...... (I don't want to fill those blanks and I still remember how WC told McGrath in the finals of CB series when they lost against England despite the fact, that poor McGrath is still the best bowler of recent times.)

Mature up WC atleast to some extent when comes to cricket. Make some sense atleast. :rolleyes::p:D

Yet his average is still only 24? That is well below the standards even for a number 7. No way White should be in before Clarke.

But who cares about career stats, right now and for the past 2 years he is bad. White must of had a bad start, but now he is better then Clarke

Lol White is better than Clarke because he can hit the ball further? White in your period only averages 33 still very poor and has a highest score of 40. I don't see how that makes him better than Clarke.

Maybe Clarke should open. Mike Hussey should be down the order, he's been great there for Australia. Swap their positions perhaps. Then you have an anchor in Clarkey and guys to play shots around him.

Users who are viewing this thread