South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Same, I hate this scheduling, game day's ALWAYS on a work day. More Tuesday matches plz.

This has been the usual schedule for us during the tri series, we always played on Friday and Sunday. Some reason having the other 2 teams in the tri series playing on Tuesday made the week seem less cricketless even though I usually didn't watch it.

aussie1st added 32 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

3rd straight match that we have batted first. Lets see what Warner can do today, hope he can make some runs to take the pressure off. Hauritz is in, guessing its for Hopes.

Hopefully he can get a century within the first hour.

I guess it's a white-out, good news taking one step to remove the debris of the team. Next to go Hopefully Hopes.

I'll take Hopes for now, his bowling has been economical so far and he does offer something different from the pacemen in the 140km/h. Our bowling looks a lot better with the 4 bowlers 1 all rounder route to go with Dave Hussey off spin.

Another cautious start from Marsh, I do wonder why the commentators thought he could be the aggressive Gilly like guy at the top of the order.

It's better to be cautious and score a lot of runs then attack and then get out quickly.

Warner is getting quick runs. A four against Steyn and here is a six.

It's better to be cautious and score a lot of runs then attack and then get out quickly.

Warner is getting quick runs. A four against Steyn and here is a six.

You're right, it's better to be cautious, but only when scoring runs. Marsh atm is not getting cautious but getting bogged down by not even excellent bowling, he can't get it off the square.

Now do people believe that Warner can play shots on the off side. Yes he loves playing on the legside but hes no mug on the off side either.

aussie1st added 1 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Agree nothing against it but it shows that he isn't the best for playing the Gilly role, so putting in a batter like Katich or Klinger with him isn't the best idea if we want to get off to a flying start.

Marsh is really playing slow. Maybe he is defending, so Warner is the one who will attack. But he should get runs quicker runs then this.

I think hes just being bogged down, the 1st ODI I put it down to him trying to find form but since he has two knocks over 50 surely he must be in some kinda of form.

Great hitting by Warner, this is exactly the reason why he should be in the side.

South Africa probably don't feel sorry for Warner now. He already got 43 runs from 28 balls.

South Africa aim to add to Warner's load
Cricinfo - South Africa aim to add to Warner's load

Hehe best not to say things like this you are more than likely bound to be made to look silly. Marsh is killing Warner momentum here though, we are bearly going at 6 an over. Needs to look for more singles.

I really like the line-up today. Hard to slot in a place for Clarke but it looks pretty excellent. Hauritz, Johnson, Tait and Bracken? Basically most of what you need a good bowling line-up. Hopes and D. Hussey as well. Should be a great game tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread