South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Warner is really turning it on. 64 runs of 51 balls already. Marsh is at least getting quicker runs then in the first 10 overs.

Very nice 50 by Warner in only his 2nd ODI. Funny enough Gilly has now been at Warner two big knocks, might have to get him watching him every game!

Wish Marsh would rotate the strike a bit more, don't mind if he wants to go cautious just need the singles to make sure Warner doesn't get frustrated.

aussie1st added 4 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Interesting move by Ponting using the powerplay this early. Thought it might be better between 20 to 40th over just to spark that period up.

Australia has taken the batting Powerplay already now. Normally you would do that at the end of the innings.

Botha's unwillingness to have a trundle looks costly and I bet you he gets a wicket when he finally does.

Marsh's strikerate is getting up. South Africa, and probably Australia also, didn't expect to have a century partnership.

Well, right after I said this, Warner is out. Anyway he has done his job.

Morkel was bowling well until the 1st over of the powerplay where Botha probably should have got himself on. Of course I have hindsight and Morkel 2nd over was crap.

Not the greatest end to Warner's inns, should have played it back to the bowler something he can learn though.

And yea no need to promote anyone before Ponting *cough commentators*. Really good start by Ponting, always helps when the bowlers haven't got the memo that Ponting loves the pull and hook shot.

Thanks Warner, excellent start

Big Man added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Marsh out.

And Botha strikes in the first over. But Australia is still on top.

It is amazing how that Marsh had a strike rate of 68.25 when dissmissed, Australia's run rate is higher 6 an over.

Now do people believe that Warner can play shots on the off side. Yes he loves playing on the legside but hes no mug on the off side either.

Considering he got dished up some pretty horrible wide deliveries, i'm not surprised. My grandma could have hit those for four.

Warner played well. He picked singles nicely but did get frustrated in the batting power play and played a stupid shot. He's always a wicket chance. He did his job. Got the Aussies off to a good start.

He'll face much more accurate opening bowling from NZ. Won't be so much pace on the ball either.

Well, that is about 4 runs an over, so less than half the innings has run at 4 rpo and more than half has been run at almost 7 rpo.

Glad we took the power play when we did. I said to my dad we should take it as early as possible. I just thought as early as possible would have been the 11th over because I didn't expect SA to take theirs then.

Awesome innings by Warner but I'm disappointed how he got out. Poor shot.

Australia should post 300+ here surely. With such a good start. They're milking the spinners easily.

Speaking of spinners. Botha's action looks suspect to me. I know he got banned for it before. Doesn't look much different to be honest. Once a chucker, always a chucker.

Michael Hussey isn't in great form and he just keeps finding ways to get out. Our middle order is very poor without Clarke, only Ponting has played more then 100 ODI's in our whole team and our middle order it out of form and just batting bad.

Considering he got dished up some pretty horrible wide deliveries, i'm not surprised. My grandma could have hit those for four.

Warner played well. He picked singles nicely but did get frustrated in the batting power play and played a stupid shot. He's always a wicket chance. He did his job. Got the Aussies off to a good start.

He'll face much more accurate opening bowling from NZ. Won't be so much pace on the ball either.

Only faced 3 balls in the powerplay so I can understand why. Although given we just got 5 runs the ball before he could have played a bit more safer. Still today he showed he isn't trying to smash every ball for 6, picked up quite a few good singles.

Not what you want when your form isn't so good, sadly this always seems to happen when you are in bad form.

Users who are viewing this thread