South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Glad we took the power play when we did. I said to my dad we should take it as early as possible. I just thought as early as possible would have been the 11th over because I didn't expect SA to take theirs then.

Awesome innings by Warner but I'm disappointed how he got out. Poor shot.
Yeah, they played a decent Powerplay, 1/45, although it seems the wicket of Warner actually brought it to life.

Oh man seriously what's up with our middle order these days. After another great start given to us by Warner our middle order is falling apart.
Why do we have both our star batters out of form at the same time.

Ponting is seriously out of form. It's painful when we remember back to the good old days when he was hitting tons just for fun and barely even celebrating them. Our middle order is just so different and unreliable.

Only one cheap wicket so far, if it stays at one until a few overs from the end, then they are in a good position.

We really are pushing it with some of those tight singles. Another half chance for SA and would have been a real waste of a wicket especially after that shot.

Good thing Warner fired, we are still in a handy position thanks to him. Just need these two to at least get to about the 45th over then Johnson can come in and help with the hitting.

Ponting is seriously out of form. It's painful when we remember back to the good old days when he was hitting tons just for fun and barely even celebrating them. Our middle order is just so different and unreliable.

A hundred and a 99 in Melbourne and 53 in the second innings of Sydney. Even when he looked like he would get out countless of times in the first ODI he got through to almost 50.

South Africa is well on top.

We keep getting out trying to be conservative. We need to be confident and not play half hearted shots, plus we need to stop trying to pick up so many quick singles!!!!

Don't worry with Johnson and Hauritz in the lower order they can do what they did in the test and save the middle order yet again.

Also Hopes has a great chance to at least put himself in front of White.
Speaking of which it's about time we get Mike Hussey back to 6, he is getting out there too early and thus losing his wicket before his specialty i.e 35th over onwards.

A hundred and a 99 in Melbourne and 53 in the second innings of Sydney. Even when he looked like he would get out countless of times in the first ODI he got through to almost 50.

Yeah I know, but he hasn't, recaptured the form he was showing a few years back.

Well that is always going to be hard. But even though he isn't in that great touch he had around the Ashes he still made 29 today at over a run a ball.

He gave quite a few chances in the first ODI , even more in the 2nd ODI and even in the Test the same happened. The thing is he usually punishes you with one chance not give another like he did in the 2nd ODI. Also he didn't go on in either match so hes certainly not at his best form. Hes certainly not in bad form though, just needs to stop giving so many chances.

Users who are viewing this thread