South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Steyn > Hayden :D

Duminy is class. Just wish I'd been at home to enjoy South Africa's win in the last test. South Africa are a class side, I'd probably say they're the best in the world atm, followed by Australia then India. Duminy's innings has been magnificent (I'm upto Tea on the highlights on Sky). Steyn's had a heck of alot of luck to make it to 70* as well, but still one heck of an innings from a tail-ender. He did used to open the batting at School, so a decent test innings has been coming.
Yeah, Hayden's career is over but I can't wait to see a teenager in Phillip Hughes toil up the English bowlers in the Ashes next year.

I'm going to the Sydney Test next week to watch Hayden's Test and I'm going to be sitting on the fine leg boundry, right on the fench, holding up a "Hayden is god" sign.

So then Dan, what makes the Aussies better than us at the moment?

Australia have a better kit perhaps?

Difficult to justify, given the way we're playing right now... I'd put India second to SA anyday. Painful to see how we're struggling, bowling has gone cold turkey since Warne and McGrath

Depends whether you count injuries as a decline in the quality of the team. When Australia get close to fielding their best XI, it seems to do okay, but this year that's often been hard to do.

Yeah, Hayden's career is over but I can't wait to see a teenager in Phillip Hughes toil up the English bowlers in the Ashes next year.

Broad'll be all over him like a rash on a tramp.

I'd still consider Australia a better side than India to be honest. India are class, but they've still not been consistent enough for a long period of time all around the world. It's all well and good beating sides at home, but they need to start winning against top sides away from home. 3 class sides though, on paper India are better, but they've not been at the highest level for a particularly prolonged period of time.

JP Duminy! Take a bow son! Nerves of steel that boy! A top find for the saffers, how he managed the tail to do that in his second test is very impressive!

Bet punter's worried about taking another 10 wickets, Lee out injured now and the Aussies bowling attack is slowly declining.

Depends whether you count injuries as a decline in the quality of the team.
Aye but even if they have everyone fully fit compare them to the side that thrashed England in 07 they have declined quite a bit, still could beat everyone easily on their day but still not as good.

What about Graeme Smith? If you take his Test statistics out of his First-Class statistics then he averages 51.

I've heard that pitches in South Africa aren't to different from the ones in Australia. Infact, they're probably easier to bat on because the ball doesn't bounce as much.

The SA pitches in domestic cricket except for the centurion park pitches all usually have green grass and offers a lot of seam and swing movement. Centurion being the only ground in SA to truelly offer the spinners any help.

Great performance from the boys today. Loved the aussie fielding especially hussey, haven't ever seen a pro lose a ball like that.

Damn Lee :( if he could have bowl today, we could have easily clean up the tails. Really, this is all about luck factor and atm we dont even have a bit :mad: I hope after this short break, we will see our old Lee :)

I highly doubt that To be honest. Lee is in terrible form at the moment and can hardly buy a wicket while his pace is down like it is. Johnson and Siddle who are looking far better then Lee couldn't get a wicket until nearing the end of play.

Lee might have helped, but the full credit goes to the Saffies batsmen for fighting out of a tough situation. Although the fielding of Australia helped out South Africa too. A somewhat difficult but attainable catch put down by Ponting and two shockers by Hussey and Hauritz really hurt them.

I know Lee has been crap but he has been keeping the pressure on at one end at times. Definitely having him would have helped, how much we will never know.

Looks like Hayden is again going to produce that career saving 100, at least hes doing it with the series still alive so it'll carry more weight.

I know Lee has been crap but he has been keeping the pressure on at one end at times. Definitely having him would have helped, how much we will never know.

Looks like Hayden is again going to produce that career saving 100, at least hes doing it with the series still alive so it'll carry more weight.
Way to jink him.

So Hayden gone early so could be his Test career potentially. South Africa will really fancy their chances now get another few wickets now and some major questions will be asked of Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread