South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Australia look like they're going to fall apart now South Africa are in a very commanding position now, they really need Ponting to come good and play a captains knock or they'll be facing going possibly 2-0 down.

Cmon Hussey stand up we badly need you. Really what on earth is going on with our batters, SA showed what you have to do but when we come in we throw our wickets away.

Aus in trouble as both the openers are gone,two new batsman at crease,they cant win from here,as Australia still trail by 25 runs with 8 wickets remaining.

I personally fell that Hayden will be dropped in 3rd test,and may loose this test,they have 8 wickets left and they still trail,Hussey,Symmonds are not in form,its difficult for them to post a big score and then take 10 wickets...

Hussey aswell South Africa on fire, all hopes of an Aussie victory have been virtually extinguished. If Australia ever needed Ponting to score well now is the time.

Foot injury to keep Lee out for a month

Source

Lee is a good bowler,he is just out of form,i hope that he will come back soon and once again he start picking up wickets,Aus will miss him for sure..

damn did Hussey get robed or what. To all the people that against the review system this is what its being used for.

Australia in trouble but they do have Ponting and Clarke in the middle.

Great last thing Hussey needs when out of form, can the umpires at least let our guys get out to proper wickets and not manufactured ones.

Still full credit to SA, they are showing how to use the new ball.

Hussey gone,possibly Aus might just loose all their wickets today,who knows! I heard that Aus and Pak will play next year the 1st Day and Night test?! Is that true?

Although it was the wrong decision, but the ball was a beauty. Brilliant length, brilliant line.

Depends whether you count injuries as a decline in the quality of the team. When Australia get close to fielding their best XI, it seems to do okay, but this year that's often been hard to do.
If we were playing the 11 best players in Australia we'd be winning right now. It's an absolute disgrace this side that the selectors have picked. You've got one guy in terrible form who's not even that good and under an injury cloud and another three in poor form. What do guys have to do to get dropped from this team?

Next test, we must drop Hayden and Symonds. Lee is out injured obviously, bring in Hilfenhaus for him, Marcus North (part time spin would be good on the SCG, and he's in great form with the bat which is what we need) for Symonds and Rogers for Hayden.

But then you get pathetic umpiring decisions like the one just given to Hussey. Why give him out like that? It obviously came off the helmet, no obvious hint of glove, why not give him the benefit of the doubt? It seemed obvious to everyone else.

The thing that i believe must be questioned about the Oz performance is the captaincy of Pointing and his influence on selections. After the last test he berated the bowlers and then turns around and says he backs them when only one bowler is changed. He appaears to lack imagination in tough situations and also seems to forget about players that he can use. I

question Symonds place in this team. He appears to be the modern day Sheehan who was only picked because he could field in the covers. Symonds has no batting form and until the death yesterday appeared to be unable to bowl, is he in the team because he is a good influence in the dressing rooms and Pointing likes him? He could do that as twelfth or thirteenth man.

Lee appears to have problems with Pointing and this has affected his form and his committment.

Pointings setting of fields to Steyn in particular was atrocious. He allowed him to hit straight against the slow bowlers all day, which he did with increasing relish. I felt that he would have been better served placing his deep mid off straighter to prevent this shot. Certainly he may have hit the ropes at the normal mid wicket position or wider but at least he would have been forced to take a risk and hit across the line of the straight spinners instead of straight through the line.

Hayden appears to need to be allowed to score runs elsewhere, as much as I am a supporter of his.

As well as Hauritz bowled I think that Ponting would have loved to have had Krezja yesterday.

You look at Duminy's batting chart and he was allowed a huge number of singles where he turned the ball to the leg side for a single and we continued with stacked offside fields.

Why was Kilfenhausen bought into the team? He is an injury risk, hasn't got a run and has only reasonable recent form.

Hussey is unlucky indeed. There was no bat involved and neither was there any glove. Aleem Dar has got it wrong.

Foot injury to keep Lee out for a month

Source

Lee is a good bowler,he is just out of form,i hope that he will come back soon and once again he start picking up wickets,Aus will miss him for sure..

Lee is a good fast bowler. I wonder as some of the ABC commentators if he has the ability to be a good medium fast bowler as someone like Lillee was, and I think not. He doesn't appear to display that ability and as he looses pace will become more and more of a passenger. He also appears to lack committment recently.

Users who are viewing this thread